Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Southern Mammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 10:21 AM
    Sweating in my 60's
    I am 62 and have started sweating profusely, is there a cause? It's mostly around my hairline, face but also underarms. This has been going on about 6 months. I turned 62 in February 2014.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 03:35 PM
    I went through menopause with a breeze, but now at 72, I have night sweats, and during the day working under extreme circumstances, perspire from the neck up. I live with it, accept it for what it is and it only happens accasionally.

No doctor can explain this to you, it is just a hormone thing. You are losing your female hormones. You can opt to take HRT {hormone replacement therapy} but there are side effects that would not be beneficial to you in your later years, most specifically, heart disease.

So we have to live with this. I don't mind, there is a lot worse.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 03:46 PM
    It could be due to your hormones, you could opt to have a blood test to determine what hormone is causing this.

I, too, am in menopause. I can't take HRT due to estrogen receptive cancer in my past. Rather, I take Prestiqe, an antidepressant that has been recently approved to treat menopausal symptoms.
    Southern Mammie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 08:24 PM
    The strange thing is that I am NOT in menopause; I had a hysterectomy about 12 years ago, took HRT for a couple of years through implants but then had a stroke in 2005 so of course no more HRT for me. Now I'm wondering if I should go to my regular doctor or gynecologist? Are there any particular symptoms I should look for as far as the glands?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 08:28 PM
    You need to see your regular doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I always sweating!? [ 0 Answers ]

I am going to be 31 years old this year. Let's start there. I am always sweating! I've always been a big 'sweater' since I was younger & into sports, but now whether I am working out or not, I am constantly sweating. We will literally have the air on 76 all day long in our house- and I am still...

Sweating while working [ 2 Answers ]

In my job I am constantly running around for more that 8-12 hrs and as other colleagues of mine has stated the sweat is always pouring out of us. Our query is if we are excercising so much at work then how are we not all size zeros. Yes we do have the odd guilty pleasure of a chocolate bar but...

Excessive sweating [ 1 Answers ]

Hii guys.. well I have noticed within the last 2 years that I sweat ALOTT. It doesn't have an odor its not even from doing any strenuous work or exercise, I just sweat a lot under my arms and my vaginal area:o does anyone know of anything good I could do to decrease my excessive sweating? I would...

Sweating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem where my sweat really smells. Not a body odour smell, but a very stale smell. I bath every day, use anti persperant, but its some times out of control! My wife has to change and wash the bed sheets at least three to four times a week cause it's that bad, any ideas??

View more questions Search