Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ally 2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 06:39 AM
    Deceleration
    A car has an initial velocity of 40 m/s. It stops over a distance of 120 m when the brakes are applied. How long does it take for the car to stop? What is the car's deceleration?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2014, 07:05 AM
    Since this is homework... what did you get for an answer and how did you arrive at it. Site rules specify we do not do your assignments for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find maximum deceleration given angle [ 0 Answers ]

Calculate the maximum deceleration of a car that is heading down a 6° slope (one that makes an angle of 6° with the horizontal) under the following road conditions. You may assume that the weight of the car is evenly distributed on all four tires and that the static coefficient of friction is...

Chevy 305 stalls on deceleration? [ 1 Answers ]

88 Chevy pickup 305 TBI idles low and wants to stall when warm and on deceleration. Starts and accelerates great. Did decarb with seafoam. Replaced fuel filter. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor are a year old. Ran fine up until a couple months ago.

A deceleration [ 1 Answers ]

A car decelerates at 2.0m/s^2 and comes to a stop sfter traveling 25m. Find a.) the speed of the car at the start of the deceleration and b.) the time required to come to a stop.

Deceleration [ 1 Answers ]

A car traveling at 40 m/s suddenly brakes at a uniform 8.0 m/s/s. A)Find the speed of the car 1.2 seconds after braking begings. B)the distance the car has traveled in 1.2 seconds after it started braking. Can someone help me answer these two problems. I know that u need a formula but I'm...

View more questions Search