Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Umeed Raza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2014, 02:41 AM
    Sexually assaulted
    I want to help me I got sexually abused when I was in eight class and now I am getting married please help me . There are how many chances of getting pregnant?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 15, 2014, 04:45 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "how many chances". Nor what does your abuse incident have to do with things.

You have intercourse and sperm is deposited. The sperm work their way into the uterus where they may or may not encounter an egg ready to be fertilized. If they do and the egg is fertilized, you become pregnant. That's how it works.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 08:00 AM
    What type of abuse, how long ago.

But no, past sexual experience should not effect current.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2014, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Umeed Raza View Post
    I want to help me I got sexually abused when I was in eight class and now I am getting married please help me . There are how many chances of getting pregnant?
    Are you concerned that the abuse used some of your chances of becoming pregnant? If you didn't have any permanent physical damage because of the abuse, that might prevent pregnancy, your chances for pregnancy would not change.

Most women will have a chance of becoming pregnant each month from when they begin having periods until they are older and periods start to happen less often or stop altogether. If you and your husband are healthy, and have sex on a regular basis, you will have just as many chances as most other women.

It is important to remember, however, that there is only a short period of time each month for you to become pregnant as the egg that you will release during ovulation only survives for about 24 hours and the sperm your husband will provide survive for only a few days or so at that time. Because of this, it can take many healthy couples many months of trying before the woman becomes pregnant.

It might be a good idea for you to visit your doctor to learn more about pregnancy or talk with a trusted female relative or friend who knows about pregnancy.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jul 15, 2014, 02:15 PM
    I would also suggest counseling so you can deal with the abuse and it won't affect your marriage. Yes they are right about the biological functions of sex and getting pregnant but your emotions can also play a role (too much stress for example).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was molested, sexually assaulted and teased. Can I do something now against them? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 19 year old boy, but most of the time I have fears like a girl. I always feel unsafe when I travel at night and in dark places. I am scared of tall men. I start stammering while talking to them. I have no confidence most of time. When I was 13 years old, I got an infection near...

Ex assaulted me [ 2 Answers ]

Over two years ago my ex assaulted me. Charges were filed but I did not testify so all three were thrown out. Then he almost killed me so this time I am going to testify. One of the cases that was trialed in the prior cases I did not tell them that he also rapped me several times so it technically...

My girlfriend was sexually assaulted, what are yor thoughts? [ 2 Answers ]

I found out she was sexually assaulted a couple months ago and she had been keeping it to herself this whole time. I was so angry that I couldn't stop shaking and I broke down crying at a bus stop. I let her know that I love her very much and that Im always here to support her. Its obvious she...

Sexually assaulted and really confused [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone on this site has been sexually assaulted by a stranger. I was two months ago while I was traveling in Europe I cut my traveling short because of it. I've tried to find information on the way people act after and basically have found out everyone acts differently. I'm...

View more questions Search