Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Logansgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 06:55 PM
    Stripping my hair color then dying it AND highlighting it?
    I've dyed my hair many times myself from brown to blonde and now I'm brown again. My hair is a little fried from all the dying and straightening. I just want to go to a salon and finally have them do my hair, I think because I've dyed my hair so many times though they will probably strip the color then dye it, I'm scared to do it! How damaging is stripping your hair color then dying it?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 07:07 PM
    I would suggest not stripping or dying again if you want your hair and scalp to survive past 50.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 6, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Bleaching or stripping may result in some level of damage to the cuticle. Depending on a variety of factors, the potential damage can range from slight to severe. I recommend that get this process professionally done. The hairstylist may do a deep conditioning treatment or apply a heavy conditioner to restore moisture in your hair afterwards.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stripping hair [ 1 Answers ]

Few months ago I dyed my hair dark brown with a semi perminat hair colour, then a week ago I dyed under my fringe with a dark red, that is semi perminant as well, is there any home remidides to use to completely strip that out your hair, I herd lemon juice works but how often do I have to use it or...

Colour Stripping on Hair [ 1 Answers ]

I Used to be bright blonde and stupidly decided to dye my hair brown I had this done at a salon. I then used a home kit and went over it in red , so now I have reddy brown hair. I did this about 2 months ago I now want to dye it back blonde , I went to a good local salon who did a strand test and...

Dying hair a lighter color [ 8 Answers ]

Long story short. My hair bleaches out a lot in the sun and I did some stuff to help bleach it out too Anyway yesterday I bought dark brown hair dye so I could get my hair back to normal! But now my hair is like black! I have washed it a lot and its no longer black but it is still a really dark...

Highlighting Dark Hair [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sure there is already a forum for this so sorry peeps. I've naturally got medium to dark brown hair, I dyed it not long ago and it looks slightly black though I'm wanting to get some highlights to help lighten it. I want to gradually lighten. Any suggestions on colouring or how I should...

View more questions Search