Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindermouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2014, 11:51 AM
    Cant remove center drawer on roll top desk. No release lever seen
    I need to remove the center drawer from a roll top desk in order to unscrew the top. Need to move it and can't until I can get the drawer out. There does not seem to be a release lever of any kind. The front of the metal slide is flat and can't seem to lift either. Have never seen a slide like it before. Please help. Need to move in a couple of hours.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2014, 12:28 PM
    Look for a small detent on the side of the drawers at the rear of the slide. In some of them, the drawer is pulled out, the detent tab is pushed in and the drawer can slide past the detent. The detent is loaded 1 way so you can just push it back in. Not sure if this is how yours works but It is how my drawer slides out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you remove drawers from an eaglecraft roll top desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Eagle Craft roll top desk which is quite large and very heavy. Does anyone know how to remove the drawers? Several people have looked and studied all parts of the desk, and cannot find anyway to get the drawers out, and it is way too heavy to move even when the drawers are empty. The...

How do I unlock a roll top desk - top part? [ 3 Answers ]

Ow do I unlock a roll top desk - top part?

Roll top desk [ 1 Answers ]

Have been given a roll top desk, can't figure out how to unlock the drawers:confused:

Roll top desk [ 2 Answers ]

Would like to purchase just the top portion of a roll top desk. Does anyone know if this is possible? Love my current desk which is medium to dark oak but need the top part to fit with new organizing and decorating scheme. Thanks. saywhatkat:)

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

View more questions Search