Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phantomofthenig Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2014, 09:14 PM
    No hot water? Hot water cylinder not filling?
    Hi I'm staying a friend's holiday house and there is no hot water.

The only instruction I have was to turn the hot water cylinder on at the wall.

On the right of the photo are two black taps.

The central one is labelled water but there is not audible sound when it is opened or closed.

However when I turn the far right black tap (See photo) I can hear either filling or draining. When I open it completely the pipe connecting to the relief valve starts to overflow.

What is the black tap to the far right controlling?

The taps on the left are faintly labelled "hot water drain" and "cylinder drain".

The taps on the left are tightened but I suspect the tank is not filling?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

Can I bypass my cold water storage tank to feed my hot water cylinder with mains wate [ 1 Answers ]

Can I bypass my cold water storage tank in my attic to feed my hot water cylinder with mains cold water to make the pressure of my mixer shower better??

No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall...

Why is the cold water line not filling my hot water tank ? [ 5 Answers ]

The cold water supply valve to the water heater is open, but no water is flowing. I opened the drain valve on the heater and no water came out. Obviously it hasn't been filling for the past few days. I have plenty of cold water at all my faucets. I have shut off the breaker.

New Hot Water Heater Wire Panel Filling With Water From Tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new electric hot water heater. I have connected all the wires properly, I have connected the piping in the correct manner, and filled the tank. I was about to flip my breaker to turn the water heater on, and noticed a little moister around the panel that the wires come...

Hot water cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

Can my hot water cylinder be relocated to my attic in order to free up useful cupboard space?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.