Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy trying Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2005, 05:29 PM
    Custody Problem
    I have a 4 yr old son, his father has been in and out of his life when it's convenient for him. I have been seeing a man for almost a year now that my son's father doesn't like, he is great with my son and is wonderful to me. My son's father has been harassing me non stop for almost 6 months now calling me over 40 times a day etc. I have recently gotten a restraining order on him and would like to know if there's a way to legally take his parental rights from him and cut all ties from him and my son. He has said through voicemails numerous times he is more than happy to sign them over but it's a game to him. I am no longer going to allow him to use my son as a game to get to me, he is more interested in my personal life and attempting to get me back then he is for his own son's well being. Is there a legal way in the state of NH to take his rights etc. and if so what proof do I need to show the courts that he has no interest in his son's life?

Thank you
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2005, 08:24 AM
    Nh
    Hi,
    I am very sorry to hear you are having this type of problem. My wife and I had the same type of problems with her ex-husband, but in VA.
    I suggest you see a lawyer, and he/she can tell you what to do. Most of the time, there is no charge for a first consultation visit; depending of course, on the lawyer!
    The best thing my wife and I ever did was to move 350 miles away from him. He took her to court trying to get custody, knowing there was no chance, but did it just for spite and harassment. Our lives changed very the very best after we moved away from him. VA state law could do nothing to stop his harassing phone calls, and visitation. He would pick up the little girl, take her to his grandparents, and leave her there for a week for his "visitation rights", going off on his own somewhere. He really didn't even want to be with his daughter!
    To this day, she is now 35 yrs, old, my step-daughter, but she calls me "dad", not him.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and for the past 4 years I've been wanting to live 100% of the time with my mom instead of 50/50. My dad is addicted to marijuana and alcohol and he is threatening me to go to military school or to move. Is there a way I can live with my mom?

Custody [ 2 Answers ]

Custody question -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have had custody of my son for 7 years now (he is 17 now) For the last three we have lived in Florida The judge in Pennsylvania granted the relocation against my ex's wishes The question...

PA. Custody? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am inquring into Child Custody rights. To make a long story short. My husband is very controlling, And emotionally abusive. And there are a whole bunch of other reasons I am looking into the possibility of a divorce. I am a full time sahm. To our 17 mo. Old son. And I would want AT LEAST...

Want custody of my niece... [ 6 Answers ]

I want to take custody of my niece but I'm not sure where to turn. She is three years old and has already lived through more stuff than I have. My brother is in a bad situation and she is not being taken care of. I would like to approach him with this but I want to know the facts first. I also know...

View more questions Search