Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoebefoss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2014, 03:46 PM
    Fixing orange/green hair from bad salon color
    I recently had my hair highlighted at an upscale salon (hair was med brown and wanted some dark blonde or caramel color highlights just at the ends) and I left with orange hair! They attempted to fix it the next day but that only made it a lighter orange, super brassy and awful. They toned it both days too, but it didn't help at all. My hair is now brown at the roots, with a ring of orange, and golden orange ends. Oh and now my perfectly healthy hair is fried on the ends after all the bleaching. Done with that salon and can't pay for color correction at a new place. So, the very next day I put a dark blond ash semi permanent over my whole head to tone down the orange and it did help, but still a lot of brassiness. After about a week, I couldn't stand the color anymore so did another semi permanent color, light brown ash this time. Toned it way down again and looked better EXCEPT for the slight hint of khaki/green that some of the most damaged ends soaked up. So I'm in a pickle... I still am orangy and brassy but if I use ash again it may get more green. What should I do? Would a protein filler protect those dry ends before I color again? FYI, I've tried a couple blue shampoos, with no success and after spending $200 at a salon, going to another professional is out of the question. Any ideas?

Check out some similar questions!

Salon Disaster, turned my hair orange want to go dirty blonde [ 1 Answers ]

I went to the salon with very light blonde hair from box dying it, but wanted more of a Blake Lively dirty blonde. She said I would have to go darker because it was a bit damaged, but that wasn't a problem because it was already lighter than I wanted. My moms a red head so I have red tint in my...

40 or 50's style for women's hair, is there a salon in Orange County that does this? [ 0 Answers ]

I need my hair done 40 or 50's style is there a salon in Orange County that does this Shoulder length hair

I tried to color my hair a lighter color and it turn orange... [ 0 Answers ]

I color my hair 2 days ago , how long do I have to wait to re-dye my hair... need help please!!

How bad is it for your hair to have the salon strip all the color out? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my hair dyed black and red about 6 mo ago, and I'm tired of it. It's way too hard to keep maintaining and with the winter, the cold showers on my head are giving me really bad headaches. I had to have it stripped once a long time ago, just wondered if a salon would do it or would they say no...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.