Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robey schnessel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2014, 02:41 PM
    Remote control didn't get wet but the flat screen brand new did. I unplugged the TV
    Rebooted the TV and remote turns it on but that's all it does. No other functions work and it won't even shut the TV off. Tv is brand new and I've tried everything. Can the ir on the TV go bad.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Jul 14, 2014, 10:42 AM
    If you turned on the TV from the remote the IR receiver are working. In the case of wated damage you more than likely have a issue with the circuitry in the TV. Electronics in a powered off state meaning batteries removed or unplugged often will survive water exposure as long a proper drying has been done. Removing covers with forced air ventilation for 24 hours is usually good. Many liquids leave a residue on boards that can conduct electricity and blow devices after power is restores.
    Take the device to a manufacture approved repair provider to get an estimate, often repairs are more expensive than replacement water damage is usually not covered by any warranty. Check to see if your home owners or renters insurance will cover part of the repair or replacement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 honda accord is dead flat! Brand new battery is less than a month old [ 3 Answers ]

Have had this problem for a week now! Car will start fine 1 day then the next day is dead flat not even the lights on... have bought a new battery about a month ago so figured it can't be that.. when its jump started it starts mo problem! Ideas anyone please?

I have a CGV ray line ts Universal LCD Touch Screen Remote Control and it won't work [ 0 Answers ]

I have a CGV ray line ts Universal LCD Touch Screen Remote Control and it won't work on anything I have tried it on my TV dvd set top box all of it the codes supplied won't work and the search through the library isn't working either please heelp

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Flat screen TV [ 1 Answers ]

What do I look for in buying a 55 to 60 inch TV < I want quality yet looking for under 1200.00 is that possible?

Dell xps laptop screen turns really dark when unplugged [ 6 Answers ]

My dell xps laptop screen turns really dark when I unplug my power cable. I know it has something to do with power saving, but I rarely uses my laptop to go anywhere very far so I don't need for any power saving... I have window xp.

View more questions Search