Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2014, 01:48 PM
    Windows auto updates
    Recently I started getting a PC issue stating that Windows could not check for updates automatically. I have searched for answers, gone through the troubleshooting suggestions etc. with no results. Yet Windows goes out and gets updates by itself and installs them. What do I need to do t get rid of the little red flag that says I have an issue.

I am using Windows 7 professional edition. I'm also running Norton Internet Security. IE Browser and Nortons are up to date
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 12, 2014, 02:20 PM
    Go in to the Action Centre and click on the link NOT to notify you of problems with updates.
    Bowler Posts: 133, Reputation: 2

Jul 12, 2014, 06:44 PM
    Of course that got rid of the red flag, but why was it giving me that warning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows updates [ 3 Answers ]

Are the Windows updates necessary? Do they cause the computer to run slower? The updates are automatic, but I question if they're helping or hurting. Please advise.

Can't install Windows XP Updates [ 5 Answers ]

(sorry, the question title should be "CAN'T" install updates) I had to replace a dead motherboard. That went fine and WinXP seemed to reinstall without incident. (Yes, it is a valid, legal copy of Windows). I was able to validate the install and run the Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 from...

Windows updates [ 1 Answers ]

I just did a windows repair on my computer. Now it won't let me do any updates. It says there are 80 updates, but it fails to let me get them.

Windows Updates for XP [ 2 Answers ]

How are you able to get a complete printout of your Windows Updates Installation History? All I can seem to get is only one page of history which doesn't show them all. Thanks, John

View more questions Search