Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SOCHA Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2014, 01:00 AM
    How to execute/run an application program after unzipping it (e.g visual basic,java,)
    Hello there, I am doing my final year project and I have downloaded some projects (codes and databases) from the internet. The projects all come in a .zip or .rar folder. So I managed to unzip and extract the contents of the folders. The contents consists of codes and pictures all as standalone and I don't know if I am supposed to execute the codes one by one because they just too many , I just to want to run the project and see how it is like. As for databases (i.e access) when I try to run password is required and I cannot get through. Below is the address of the site that I downloaded some of the projects.. please assisthttp://www.f1sourcecode.com/

Jul 12, 2014, 01:18 AM
    Access database requires password, how do I get around that?
    Hi... I have downloaded an access database complete project. So when I try to run it, it requires a password.. it's a free project downloaded from : Free Source Code and Resources
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 12, 2014, 06:35 AM
    First to run a Microsoft Access application you need an Access license. Do you have a version of Office Pro that includes Access? Second, if a password is required for an app that was freely offered for download, then it should be indicated where you downloaded from.

If you what you download does not include an EXE file (and an Access download wouldn't), then you can only open the files in an application that recognizes the format.

Jul 13, 2014, 09:28 AM
    Of course I do have a version of Office Pro that includes Access. And no it did not include a .exe file. It was in a .rar folder and when I extracted the contents I found a .txt file and .accdb(database in access format)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 13, 2014, 01:55 PM
    Its not an "of course" you might be surprised at how many people try to open a specific file format without having the program to do so.

So what happens when you double click the accdb file? If it asks for a password, did you look in the txt file for the password?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Program of calculator in visual basic 6.0? [ 0 Answers ]

Program of calculator in visual basic 6.0?

Problem with a drawing program in visual basic 2008 (c sharp)(gui) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am learning myself c sharp and for that I have been working on a drawing program where the user is capable of drawing lines in 3 different strokes and 4 different colors, My first problem is how to let the user make a line by 2 mouseclicks on the panel. This is the code I...

Design a database application n Access or Visual Basic which can be used by a student [ 2 Answers ]

You have to design a simple application In Access and/or Visual Basic which can be used by a student joining a University to record details about himself, his course and his registration and fees paid for each year. Requirements: You should be able to add, update and delete details of...

View more questions Search