Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cknight2404 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2014, 05:29 PM
    Wiring questions
    I would like to install 4 recessed lights in a bedroom. Currently we have 2 light switches, 1 light switch operated the light & the other operated the fan. We have removed the fan and want to use the wires and switch that operated the fan to run the 4 recessed lights. How can we do this? What do we need? And the wiring would have to be run through sub floors with ceiling joists. Any tips on how to move the wire through the ceiling joist would help also. Thank you for your help
    Studs ad Posts: 134, Reputation: 9

Jul 11, 2014, 09:09 PM
    Access might be your biggest issue, so let's look at what you have and try to go from there. You are asking us to read your mind a little so a few details would help. Below are a few questions I have initially, but I (we)may have more as we see what you have.

Size of room?( helps with layout of lights and the amount of lighting)

Is the room sheet rocked and closed in so we don't have easy access to wires or is it open so that access isn't an issue?

You mentioned sub floors? And ceiling joists? What is it about your room than would make us go through the sub-floor?

Can you see what type of material the ceiling joist is? Thickness, depth

Do you have any heat duct runs or plumbing or wiring in the ceiling joists that might get in the road or damaged if we had to drill into the same cavity as they are in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring questions? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I wire my lennox thermostat 67k4801 to a honeywell thermostat rth6350d?

Barn Wiring Questions [ 10 Answers ]

I know all this is wordy but would appreciate someone in the know looking it over. We have a real stickler electrical inspector and want everything to be code. Thanks in advance. I wired my barn without a permit and now want to get a permit. I thought I would explain how I wired it and ask...

Thermostat wiring questions [ 2 Answers ]

- White-Rogers type 1E50W-341 manual mercury thermostat with Fan auto/on switch. - 4 wiring terminals on thermostat (G - R - W - Y) - 3 wires coming from wall (red - green - black). - want to install new Noma programmable thermostat - disconnected old thermostat and (like an idiot) did not...

Spa wiring questions [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a hot tub (spa). It calls for 6-3 with ground 240 volt 50 amp gfci breaker installed. I have almost completed the job and have some questions. I installed a 50 amp breaker in a subpanel in my laundry room and ran the 6-3 wire with ground down in the crawl space out to the...

Addition wiring questions [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings all, I am finishing up an addition to my house. With winter fast approaching, I want to get the electrical done and inspected before the snow flies. (This is pretty long,but, I want to make sure that I do it right before the inspector comes out. For some background info: I...

View more questions Search