Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebecca123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Should I go to a doctor?
    :confused: Usually my menstrual cycle runs between 26-28 days. I am currently on day 32, and I am never late. I have taken a pregnancy test already and it came out negative. Could I still be pregnant? If the tests keep coming out negative and I don't get my period, should I call a doctor? Is that a bad thing? What does it mean?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Please read this sticky.
    rebecca3877 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca123
    :confused: Usually my menstrual cycle runs between 26-28 days. I am currently on day 32, and I am never late. I have taken a pregnancy test already and it came out negative. Could I still be pregnant? If the tests keep comming out negative and I don't get my period, should I call a doctor? Is that a bad thing? What does it mean?
    I don't really know what that means but
    I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now and usually my periods are pretty regular but once I had a 39 day cycle,that was horrible because I was convinced I was pregnant but darent do a test so when I came on I was v upset.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca3877
    i dont really know what that means but
    i have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now and usually my periods are pretty regular but once i had a 39 day cycle,that was horrible coz i was convinced i was pregnant but darent do a test so when i came on i was v upset.
    Is everything OK now?

There are a number of things that can cause a delay in your period, such as stress, diet and some medications. :)
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jul 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
    If you are pregnant you might not have enough hcg built up for a hpt to detect that you are pregnant. You could go to the doctor and get a blood test, they are much more accurate. However, since you have had some cycles that run longer than others I would wait and see if your period does come. You might be stressing so much about becoming pregnant that you are delaying your period.
    What J_9 was getting you to look at is symptoms of pregnancy and what else besides pregnancy might be causing those symptoms.
    One missed period is not something to run to the doctor about, but you might want to go to the doctor and get a blood test just to ease your mind.

Jul 26, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Is everything ok now?

There are a number of things that can cause a delay in your period, such as stress, diet and some medications. :)
    Hiya,no everything is not OK now, I am still trying for a baby with no luck, and I feel very anxious because I am due on now but know I can sometimes be a day or 2 late . I think I'm getting myself far too worked up about it because I've been trying for so long but am scared to go to the docs
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bekah876
    If you are pregnant you might not have enough hcg built up for a hpt to detect that you are pregnant. You could go to the doctor and get a blood test, they are much more accurate. However, since you have had some cycles that run longer than others I would wait and see if your period does come. You might be stressing so much about becoming pregnant that you are delaying your period.
    What J_9 was getting you to look at is symptoms of pregnancy and what else besides pregnancy might be causing those symptoms.
    One missed period is not something to run to the doctor about, but you might want to go to the doctor and get a blood test just to ease your mind.
    Her original post was from April so either she already found out she is pregnant, or the problem has been taken care of by now :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
    hiya,no everything is not ok now, i am still trying for a baby with no luck, and i feel very anxious because i am due on now but know i can sometimes be a day or 2 late . i think im getting myself far too worked up about it because ive been trying for so long but am scared to go to the docs
    Have you been using an ovulation calendar? It always helps, it shows you when you are the most fertile so you know when to start trying.

Here is one for you : American Pregnancy Association : Getting Pregnant: Ovulation Calendar

Here are some additional tips to getting pregnant : Tips on Getting Pregnant

As alkalineangel says, it can take up to a year for healthy couples to conceive. Don't lose hope, it will happen eventually :)

Jul 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Oh, I didn't even notice the date since she is talking about the same topic.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bekah876
    Oh, I didn't even notice the date since she is talking about the same topic.
    Sometimes these threads get confusing. I have to double check dates myself sometimes.. lol :)

Jul 26, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Sometimes these threads get confusing. I have to double check dates myself sometimes..lol :)
    Any hints or tips on how I could be a bit less anxious?
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:53 PM
    any hints or tips on how i could be a bit less anxious?
    You just need to relax. Don't make it the center of your universe. It will happen when it happens.

Concentrate on other things. Find a hobby, go on a vacation/trip, etc. Things like that.

You could always spend some time on here helping people with their questions. If you are helping people with their concerns, you tend to forget about your own a little :)

Jul 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
    You just need to relax. Dont make it the center of your universe. It will happen when it happens.

Concentrate on other things. Find a hobby, go on a vacation/trip, etc. Things like that.

You could always spend some time on here helping people with their questions. If you are helping people with their concerns, you tend to forget about your own a little :)
    Hiya, thank you, that is very good advice. Yeah shopping usually helps me to relax and take my mind off stuff, I've been doing a lot of that lately.lol. But yeah nice advice, thank you :) :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:58 PM
    Hiya, thank you, that is very good advice. yeh shopping usually helps me to relax and take my mind off stuff, ive been doing alot of that lately.lol. but yeh nice advice, thank you :) :)
    You're welcome. And shopping is a great way to take your mind off your worries... well, except your bank account worry.. lol :)

Good luck!

Jul 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
    You're welcome. And shopping is a great way to take your mind off of your worries...well, except your bank account worry..lol :)

Good luck!
    Thanks. Yeah I'm just trying not to think of my bank accounct worry,lol. But yeah shopping is the answer to a lot of things.
    coni303 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca123
    :confused: Usually my menstrual cycle runs between 26-28 days. I am currently on day 32, and I am never late. I have taken a pregnancy test already and it came out negative. Could I still be pregnant? If the tests keep comming out negative and I don't get my period, should I call a doctor? Is that a bad thing? What does it mean?
    If you are pregnant, eventually the test will show positive. Sometimes they will show a false negative. Slow down, don't stress, and be a bit patient.

Aug 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
    You're welcome. And shopping is a great way to take your mind off of your worries...well, except your bank account worry..lol :)

Good luck!
    Just found out that I am pregnant, 5 weeks!! I am soooooooo happy!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 09:53 AM
    just found out that i am pregnant, 5 weeks!!!!!!!! i am soooooooo happy!!!!!!!
    Yayyyyy! Congrats! :)
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:36 PM
    CONGRATS! See, it just takes longer than we want usually. Congrats on the pregnancy, and I hope you stick around on the board.

Aug 13, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Congrats! Now you can take a deep breath and realize that your dream finally came true. Good luck with everything!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 4 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 5 Answers ]

Since we have multiple postings on when it is important to seek medical advice, I thought I would post a few guidelines on when it is important to seek medical attention. It is important to contact your doctor's/dentist's office if you notice significant changes in how you feel and function. ...

Why should I go to the doctor [ 4 Answers ]

I am a student who is doing a speech on why people should go to the doctor. I wanted to know if anyone could give me a few reasons that will back up my reasons. If you are a doctor that would be so helpful. And if you could please give me your name (last is fine) and what kind of doctor you are,...

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

When Should I See a Doctor? [ 0 Answers ]

View more questions Search