Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jleine02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2014, 02:56 PM
    Starting books for ongoing business
    I am helping a friend get his books together for his business. It has been running for a year and a half and he has done absolutely no bookkeeping. He has no personal bank account and has just been living out of his business account. My question is does it make sense to just lump all income and expenses together up until now and start proper financial statements from here on out or should I go through his past year thoroughly and create them from scratch?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2014, 03:48 PM
    Because of the IRS you will have to go through from scratch. Hope he has been keeping receipts. You can't do proper financial statements or reporting to the state (if your state requires goods and services tax reported) without.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure how to handle business loan payoff on books or taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I'm not using QuickBooks or any standard software. I helped with the books for a small pet grooming company. Early on, the owner borrowed about 10k from a family member to keep the biz open. When the biz was sold, he paid off this biz liability. Is there any reporting that needs to be done on...

Starting a new business [ 1 Answers ]

What are the first steps to starting a crime scene cleaning up business? I am really trying to start my own business but do not know the first on how and where to begin. Thanks.

Starting New Business [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any information about starting a new carpet cleaning business?

Books on business [ 2 Answers ]

Do they have textbooks on business? If so, where can I find them?

Starting a business [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in starting a business.. I need to know what are the things that I have to have by law before I do any work... can you help..

View more questions Search