Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vvivian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Whirpool ice marker
    Not filling with water
    ljen18 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Apr 6, 2007, 08:26 PM
    Make sure your water line going to your refrig. Is turned on. Slide your refrig. Out from the wall,look for either a plastic or cooper line going from you refrig. to the wall. Look for a small knob. If the knob is on ,the handle should be in-line with your pipe. If there is no knob,or valve close to the wall, you will have to go downstairs and trace your 1/4 inch water supply line to a valve, then turn the valve on.You could also have a clogged Refrid. Water filter.All refridgerators with Ice makers have water filters.good luck
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 6, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vvivian
    not filling with water
    Here are a few things it could be:

1. Bad water Inlet Valve

2. Water supply tube that runs through the back wall into the icemaker is frozen

3. Bad icemaker

4. Freezer temp not cold enough to satisfy the thermostat inside the icemaker

5. And an often overlooked one, NO water to the inlet valve because of a clogged self-tapping shut-off valve :eek:
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 6, 2007, 08:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ljen18
    ....All refridgerators with Ice makers have water filters...
    MANY refrigerators DO NOT have water filters.:(
    night Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 09:10 PM

My icemaker makes hollow ice and it gets stuck on the teeth, sometimes it doesn't make ice.
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 14, 2010, 11:57 AM

Might be a bad valve or iced line on the fill cup or a shorted motor not allowing the contacts to make for water and check for filtration... they just came out with a brand new ice maker that actually makes ice in 20 minutes. Its mold swings onto tubes that contain refrigerant. Imagine that baby leaking! Wow, you can look for rainbows on your cubes that way! LOL... at any rate people always complain of slow ice. An average whirlpool maker should dump every 2-3 hours. My idea is an induction mold self contained ice maker that sends an RF to the valve or an infrared beam to a board on the roof of the freezer which has a way to read proper water conductivity and know exactly when to initiate an adaptive harvest (in other words get rid of the thermostat and eliminate the need for a safety on the high voltage heater - less motor problems with quicker cleaner clearer ice)... That would probably be faster than creating a mini-gulf crisis in your bin. I can't wait to see the manual for this model... I want to know if they warn the customer of eating refrigerant oil.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ice maker won't make ice [ 7 Answers ]

Im sure someone messed with this thing. But it's a kenmore side by side fridge about a 1 1/2 years old. Putting the arm in the down positions usually triggers that unit to fill the aisle with water and then proceeds to freeze to make ice. Well that's not happening and I can't find the manual at...

GE Gold refrigerator ice maker leaking into the ice tub [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old GE Gold stacked refrigerator/freezer. The ice maker is leaking into the ice bin. The leak is a slow, constant drip that freezes into an icesicle. Annoying. Any advice would be appreciated ! :confused:

Where is the property marker? [ 9 Answers ]

We bought our home 3 years ago, and up until now, I still do not know where our property ends and where my neighbor's begin. How can I locate the property marker, and what does it look like?

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

View more questions Search