Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skohn78 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Contract for deed- defaulting
    This is what my Agreement for Deed states:
    If any installment payment from buyers becomes more than 30 days past due,or if buyers fail within 30 days from date of acceleration is mailed or personally served, to make payment of all amounts due as so accelerated. Seller may then be hereby authorized to treat this Agreement at an end and re-enter and regain possession of premises as if this agreement had not existed and treat all payments made buy buyers hereunder as rent and as agreed fair liquidated damages.
    Now, my question is, We want out of this contract... in reading this I take it as if we become past due 30 days, we can just walk away from this contract and what we have paid as payments is done and we are just out the $$$ we have invested. Am I reading this right? :confused:
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 06:53 PM
    So down a bit and give us more info. Is this a home purchase and what other documents were signed at closing? The post appears to say that "may then be hereby " That word may could be a sticking point. They may see other options also. Was there a secured loan or mortgage involved?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2007, 08:01 PM
    A contract for deed is just that, there is no mortgage, no closing, no loans, it is a contract where the buyer will get a clear title at the end of the contract period. In most as noted if you default, it reverts to a rental. They can come back after you normally for any amount you are behind, so if you are 30 or 60 days behind.

But many people, ( like myself) who sells homes on contract expect and even want you to default that is how we make our money by selling that same house over and over and over.

Normally you just need to contact the owner and tell them you would like to void the contract and they will be happy to.
    skohn78 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    So down a bit and give us more info. Is this a home purchase and what other documents were signed at closing? The post appears to say that "may then be hereby " That word may could be a sticking point. They may see other options also. Was there a secured loan or mortage involved?
    This was a Business Agrement for Deed, only the Agreement was signed. No other Loans or Mortages were involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contract for Deed, Please Help! [ 5 Answers ]

I have a situation, and could use some solid advice. I own a 2-family house in Missouri, and have been living in it for two years. I re-financed it last year, pulling cash out of equity. I now owe more on the house than I could hope to get in a *quick* sale. I plan to move to Texas in the next...

Contract for Deed [ 1 Answers ]

Under a Contract for Deed is the deed owner responsible for repairs while the house is being paid off.

Contract for deed [ 3 Answers ]

Selling and wondering what steps to take over and above my realtor? Thanks

Contract for Deed again [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand. We own 20 acres. There is another 20 acres next to us that our neighbor wants to sell. They are asking way more than the value. So we did some research and found out that it is a contract for deed. We contacted who the deed is with and he said he will sell the property to us...

Contract for deed [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to stop the person who is living on the property from selling it. We are buying it from the deed holder, but he says they can sell it out from under us so to speak.

View more questions Search