Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doodldebug Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 02:46 PM
    I mast cell necrosis
    My boston terrier had a Nast cell tumor removed around her upper back leg close to her rectum. She said the tumor was necrotic and sloughed off in her hand. What does that mean?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 03:54 PM
    Why didn't you ask the vet, and come away with only partial knowledge of what had been done to your dog, for heavens sake??

It means the cells had died, sloughed off means fell off because they were dried up and nothing more has to be done doodlebug.

When I take my dog to the vet and something has to be done, I make darn sure I know ALL OF IT
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2014, 05:09 PM
    It means that the skin that the tumor lived on was dying.

Mast cells are very ugly.. they are very invasive. If the tumor became necrotic, I'd be very, very concerned that this tumor dug deeper into your pet.

Do some research online, learn everything you can about it. It may come back
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2014, 04:43 PM
    This isn't too uncommon with mast cell tumours. Did you get it sent off to be analyzed for grading?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mast cell cancer [ 16 Answers ]

My dog has mast cell cancer. I want to know more they say it can be cured but is very expensive. How good are her chances and how do I decide what to do? Does Palladia work well?

Avascular necrosis [ 0 Answers ]

I have had avacular necrosis of both formal heads for over 6 yrs 5 yrs ago I had decompression surgery to prolong hip replacement and after changing my lifestyle haven't really seen a doctor about it in a couple yrs . Recently I found out I had several fibroids and today they recommended giving me...

Depo shots while having avacular necrosis of both formal heads [ 0 Answers ]

I have had avacular necrosis of both formal heads for over 6 yrs 5 yrs ago I had decompression surgery to prolong hip replacement and after changing my lifestyle haven't really seen a doctor about it in a couple yrs . Recently I found out I had several fibroids and today they recommended giving me...

Replacing service mast [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my meter socket and service mast. The jaws on the new meter socket is rated to 75 deg. Celsius, total length of the conductors is ten feet, 200 amp main breaker running 160 amps of sub panels(not loaded very heavily either).I will be using 2" rmc for the mast. Electric company says...

View more questions Search