Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Girl in need Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2014, 08:07 AM
    pregnancy symptoms???
    Okay I know this is going to sound extremely weird. I had sexual intercourse last month on the 29/6, so it's only been 9 days since. I have extremely sore/tender breasts, discharge coming from my vagina, headaches and cramps in my stomach every now and then. I've been looking online and some ladies have had the same problems and ended up being pregnant. I feel like its to early to have all those symptoms, especially because he didn't ejaculate inside of me, and it's way to early to take a pregnancy test, so I'm extremely confused, and I was wondering If anybody else has had this same sort of experience or have any advice for me? Please and thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 08:24 AM
    THere are a some of people who "THINK" they knew, but MOST who thought they were turned out to be and forgot about it and those you never hear from.

Its really too soon to have any symptoms.. and its far to early to even test... and all of those things happen for a multitude of reasons, even long after menopause.

Just because a percentage of them are within child bearing age...and having sex....they make a connection in their mind thats really not correct, as they did this, or ate that, or fealt this...(all of which they have done dozens of times...or will in the future without that happening or being the case.

Most things really have no connection even if they happen coincidentally during the same rough period of time.

So instead of grasping at straws, trying to find connections that aren't there....go to a fortune teller, or use a Ouiga board....wait until you are two weeks late for your next period, take a test right after you wake up, the first time you pee....and get a result that actually means something.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2014, 10:15 AM
    Hi Girl in need,

When is your next period due? While some women will experience symptoms early on, sometimes before a missed period, as smoothy said many of the symptoms associated with early pregnancy can also be due to other reasons. Some women will notice similar symptoms prior to a period for example.

Odds of being pregnant are low unless sperm did happen to enter you and you were close to ovulation. Even then, odds are greater for not being pregnant.

Wait and see what happens when you expect your next period.

Jul 8, 2014, 03:49 AM
    I'm due for my period on the 14th, he didn't ejaculate but I know there was pre- because there was a few times he had to re-get it up. But I don't know if pre- is even possible to get you pregnant unless your ovulating that day. I ovulated 2/3 days after I had sex.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 04:01 AM
    If there were sperm in his pre-ejaculate, pregnancy is possible. Did he ejaculate outside of you at all and then reenter? That could increase the possibility of a pregnancy, but again, timing is only part of it. You may have ovulated when you think, or you may not have. Either way, wait and see what happens when your period is due. If it doesn't show up, give it some time in case it is just off this cycle and shows up late. Obviously try a pregnancy test, following the directions carefully, if still no period.

Odds are still in your favor that you won't be pregnant, but just assume that anytime his penis enters you, pregnancy will be a possibility, so best to always use appropriate protection to lessen the chance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2014, 04:33 AM
    Assuming you know, when you ovulate ( and you really don't) 2 or 3 days after sex, is the perfect time.. it takes sperm that 2 or 3 days to reach the egg.

But unless you using medical testing for ovulation, you do not really know, online charts while good, not perfect

Jul 8, 2014, 04:34 AM
    Okay thank you. And no he did not re-enter after he ejaculated. If my period does not come even after I leave it a week or so, when is the best time to get a pregnancy test? Because its still very early days and might not come up with anything ? :\
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 04:37 AM
    You wait until you are two weeks late. You take the test right after you wake up in the morning, and you do it the first time you pee that morning. You only read the test within the time window given in the instructions. It will likely do weird things hours later... but the only thing that matters is what happens inside that time window to read the results.

If you forget and pee before you do the test... then you wait until the next morning. Accurate results require that first pee in the morning. The hormone being tested for will be strongest and most detectible at that time.

Jul 8, 2014, 05:02 AM
    Okay thank you, if I'm not pregnant I'm thinking it may be just my body thinking I am, is that even possible ? Sorry if that is a stupid question, it's just I don't really know anything when it comes to any of this.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 05:12 AM
    Sore breasts are something MOST women experience when their period is due or particularly overdue, its hormone related.

All women will be late at some point in their life for reasons other than pregnancy scares... how late varies, a few days is most common, a week or more is much less common... its even possible to completely miss a period for a number of reasons...

Mental as well as physical Stress plays a part as do a number of other illnesses and medical reasons.

And yes... like hypocondriacs... who convince themselves they have all of the symptoms of something because they read it somewhere or heard it somewhere... you can convince yourself, sometimes convincingly enough to delay your period significantly.

Which is why its always a bad idea to try to self diagnose based on symptoms alone... (because there are almost always lots of very different reasons for any given symptom or group of symptoms). Most people lack the objectiviety AND lack the training of what to look for.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2014, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl in need View Post
    But I don't know if pre- is even possible to get you pregnant unless your ovulating that day. I ovulated 2/3 days after I had sex.
    Not sure where you are getting those ideas, but the fact of the matter is, ANY TIME there is penile insertion, there is the risk of pregnancy. You can minimize the risks, but not eliminate them. While there are times when you are more fertile than others, engaging in intercourse brings the risk of pregnancy.

Okay thank you, if I'm not pregnant I'm thinking it may be just my body thinking I am, is that even possible ? Sorry if that is a stupid question, it's just I don't really know anything when it comes to any of this.
    That is not a stupid question. Yes, it is certainly possible for you to get symptoms that you describe for a variety of reasons. Your mind controls your body to an extant and if you dwell on looking for symptoms, often your body will produce them for you.

As noted, HPTs are most accurate 2 weeks after your missed period.

Jul 8, 2014, 06:11 AM
    Okay thank you. I've never had any of this sort of stuff happen before, so it's so scary for me, and I'm only younge so I haven't got a lot of knowledge either.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 8, 2014, 07:24 AM
    Okay thank you. I've never had any of this sort of stuff happen before, so it's so scary for me, and I'm only younge so I haven't got a lot of knowledge either.
    How young? If you don't know how the reproductive process works, then you really have no business engaging in sexual intercourse.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2014, 10:34 AM
    You really need to stop having sex until you have gained more knowledge. Failing to do so can put you at a greater risk for pregnancy, not to mention sexually transmitted diseases, simply because you may not be aware of what actions taken by you or by your partner will increase the risk. Do some research online, or go to a library and read through a book or two on the subject. You need to watch out for your own well being. By all means, feel free to ask questions here as well.

Jul 10, 2014, 05:38 AM
    I'm nineteen. It's not like I don't know how it works I just haven't been through this before ha.

My period was due today. Instead of red blood I have brown blood so like old blood. Can that indicate anything ?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 10, 2014, 06:23 AM
    It could be that your period is coming. Old blood doesn't indicate pregnancy or lack there of. If you don't get your period is two weeks than you should be concerned and take a pregnancy test. Before than it is just guess work. You'll also learn that your period can be a temperamental thing. Some months it can be regular and then BAM it is a few days late for no reason. Some times it is be short and heavy or long and light. Sometimes you'll miss a period and don't know why. Welcome the world of fertility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 negative pregnancy tests , 4 days late, no pregnancy symptoms [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last March 20 which is after my period, my last period was March 11 . I was expecting to have my menstruation last April 10 and until now it hasn't come. I have my monthly period regularly but has an irregular cycle, I had 28, 25, 27 30 but it's just now that...

3 missed periods negative pregnancy tests blood and urine symptoms of pregnancy [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, my last period was on Sept. 15, 2009. It is now December 18, 2009 and I have missed my last 3 periods. I have gone for blood tests and urine tests for pregnancy and every single one has come back negative. I'm so confused! I mean I've been getting pregnancy symptoms like headaches, nausea,...

2 days late & my cycle symptoms are also symptoms of pregnancy... should I be worried? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend & I were messing around & now I'm two days late. I usually have discharge before my period & right now it appears to be the same. I have my usual symptoms before my cycle but they are also symptoms of pregnancy. Should I be worried & take a pregnancy test or should I wait a little to...

2 weeks late on period, negative pregnancy test, got all pregnancy symptoms [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 days late on my pieord, I've done 8 hpt and all come back negative. I have most of the pregnancy symptoms. Can someone help? Has anyone been in this position and been pregnant?

Irregular periods, and pregnancy symptoms, but negative pregnancy test at home [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, Im 19 and I have had irregular periods since January of 09 My last normal period was on Nov 24 of 08 and then I was 13 days late for my period and it was really light. The next month I was only three days late, but my period was barely there. I have been experiencing many signs of pregnance,...

View more questions Search