Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    112748lft Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 08:50 PM
    Problem with hampton bay ceiling fan & light
    I have 2 Hampton Bay ceiling fans on my outdoor patio. They were installed by a licensed electrician. The box on the side of the house when opened shows them labeled A & B also the remotes are labeled A & B

B is working just fine. I changed the batters in the A remote due to fact the light and fan were not turning on. It is still not turning on by remote. The LED on the remote is lighting and registering what I am asking it to do. On fan A I have a pull cord also. When pulled it does turn on and off. There is not pull cord on the light fixture to test.

How do I test the sensor on the wall unit to see if it is bad?

Could it be another problem? Suggestions please
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 11, 2014, 07:02 AM
    Does the remote have a series of switches on it? These are called "Dip Switches". If even one of those switches has been changed, the remote will transmit of a different freq. than the receiver inside the fan and the transmission will be ignored.
    hfcarson Posts: 1,003, Reputation: 49
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2014, 07:46 AM
    If something is not working you should call the installer...it is his responsibility to make
    his installation work properly. There should also be a 1 year warranty on parts and labor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton bay ceiling fan light switch problem [ 0 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan with lights.. The lights just go on and off.. So I moved the fan from one house to another and in the process I broke the pull chain.. I pulled it and the chain would no longer move.. I ran up to home depot and bought a new switch. When I got home I was a...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan and light problem [ 7 Answers ]

My wife and I are experiencing troubles with the lighting part of our Hampton Bay ceiling fan. The bulbs that came with the unit (at least we think they came with it) seemed OK but one bulb burnt out prematurely. We just thought that maybe it was defective. We then changed the bulbs to and when we...

Hampton bay ceiling fan & lights parts [ 2 Answers ]

I have Hampton fan&light. I loss the wired bulb guards. Where can I get to replace them ? Francis

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Light Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had an experienced/liscensed electrician install a Hampton Bay Redington IV ceiling fan in my home. I did switch the lights to On and the fan to Hi before using the remote. The fan works fine and I can adjust speeds and turn the fan on and off with no problem. But the lights will only go...

View more questions Search