Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momma5 Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 07:54 PM
    father abuses autistic son
    I have an 8yr old autistic son. In 2011, his bio father tried taking me back to court to prove me an unfit Mother. He failed. Since then he has continually brainwashed my son by telling him that my husband hits me, which he doesn't. But with my son being autistic he repeats what he's told to say and thinks he's doing what he's supposed to do. Also with my son being autistic he's on medication. I've been told by my son and his fathers estranged wife , he tosses my sons medication. Also keeps his seeing glasses from him. My poor son is so confused... my sons father also met a woman in feb 2014, married her April 2014, and already filed fpr divorce. His estranged wife told me that he would make my son sleep with her and him in their bed, even when she was sleeping naked. What is everyone's opinions on what I should do about this information? I have mpre details also if needed... please and thank you.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 04:07 AM
    What are you looking to do with the situation? Suspend or change visitation or ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2014, 04:51 AM
    You need ironclad proof. Talk to your son's physician about how to tell whether he is taking his meds and how to tell if he's being brainwashed. Unfortunately the estranged wife is not going to be a credible witness, unless you can get corroboration. If you file suit to change custody, you may be able to have the court order a surprise home inspection.

Jul 7, 2014, 06:46 AM
    My son has no filter so to speak so he tls us Everything... we had put in the order in 2011 that his father couldn't say stuff about my Husband in front of my son... so when when my son comes home from Visitation saying "carl hits you, mommy" I'm stuck here Going "what?" then he will say "my dad said to say that" its Things Like That...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 7, 2014, 07:30 AM
    This is where your son's physician comes into it. They can talk to him see what he tells them, then testify in court that he is violating the court order.

I sympathize with you, but the thing is you need proof. You saw what happened when his father tried to have you declared unfit. He didn't have proof and the court denied his claim. So you need to assemble proof. Once you have sufficient proof, then you can take him to court and try for supervised visits only.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 01:32 PM
    We need you to answer the question as to what you want done so we can advise you how you may wish to proceed. Are you looking to modify the visitation as in supervised visitation or are you looking for something else?

Jul 7, 2014, 02:44 PM
    Right now we have Joint custody. He has Every Other Weekend Visitation and 2 weeks on and off During Summer. I'm looking to Get Supervised with his lack of regard towards his medical care and if he is Going to continue to fill my sons head with awful Things... also his poor choices he makes while with my son.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 04:10 PM
    If your looking to move to supervised visitation then you need to hire a lawyer if you dont have one already and ask for a parental evaluation to be done. That is about the only way to get in depth enough to find the root of the problem. They will make recomendations as to changes requested. That way the judge can be informed to the best extent and allow for a decision that will hold up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 7, 2014, 09:20 PM
    I agree, you hire an attorney, get official statements from everyone, that is telling you, these things.. Get medical exam and follow the attorney advice.

Jul 8, 2014, 03:33 AM
    Thank you all for your advice. Its very difficult being in this situation. Me and my husband have him a majority of the time and my Husband wants so much to have arelationship with my son which for the most part they do. I don't understand why soneone would want to hurt that? My sons soon to be ex step mother said that most of what this guys issue is that he still has feelings for me. If he does than that's on his own. But sabotaging my son and my family is completely inappropriate. Not to mention the copious amounts of other crap I've seen, heard and watched. The list is a long one, sadly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My Autistic Son [ 26 Answers ]

Hello, I know some of the people can be really mean and opinionated.. so here goes nothing.. I have a little boy that has autism and I feel like I cannot bond with him after he was diagnosed.. it nearly killed me that he had to go through life being autistic.. as a matter in fact I dissappeared...

What do I do when my son verbally abuses me when he gets angry? [ 6 Answers ]

I spoinled my son all of his life, he became jeleous when I got pregnant with my daughter since he was 12 and now almost 17 he verbally abuses and has raised his hand to me. What do I do?

Battery of Abuses from Ex Husband, In-Laws and Son [ 6 Answers ]

My 16 year old son always blame me that I separated from his abusive father.He blames me too for having his brother and sister,he hates me that I can't give him a bigger house. Like his father and grandparents(his father's parents) he also physically , verbally, economically and emotionally abuse...

Mother put 10 yr.old autistic son in mental hospital without knowledge of Father [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My son and his ex wife agreed upon the custody isssues of their two children themselves. No lawyers, no court, no papers. Verbal between the two of them. It was decided the daughter which is the oldest would live with her Father (my son) and that the son who is autistic would reside...

Is my son autistic? [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 year old son doesn't talk yet, is he autistic?

View more questions Search