Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Average Guy66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 11:22 AM
    Thanks for the help, wise ones who know about home construction sales
    Hello,
    I am a manager of a well known high end window retail company. We have been in business for just one year. We do installation and sales in home to customers and discounted sales to home building contractors. We are doing OK for residential but have no clue getting to a contractor -mid size to big builders to pitch our product or get them to try ours even though our name recognition is high and quality is higher. Any ideas?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2014, 01:48 PM
    Start knocking on doors. Find their web sites and email, call and send info.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2014, 02:05 PM
    Confused - your company is well known, or the brand you sell is well known?

One thing you do is keep tabs on all the newspapers for bid requests from gov't agencies, or even go around to town halls to see if they post them, and find out who is in charge in each place. For big builders, you go around and shake hands and schmooze and leave pertinent facts in writing, but that isn't nearly as important as your assurances that you are precise and fast and so on. Do that in person. It won't be easy to break in where others already are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The impact of credit card sales, sales discounts, and sales returns on net sales [ 1 Answers ]

Total gross sales for the period include the following: Credit card sales (discount 3%) $ 9,400 Sales on account (2/15, n/60) $ 10,500 Sales returns related to sales on account were $500. All returns were made before payment. One-half of the remaining sales on...

Home construction [ 0 Answers ]

I have an open end basement 50' long with 2 windows and a french door. I live in Vermont. Very cold in the winter. I am having a problem with moisture at the bottom plate of the wall where the plywood is nailed to the studs. The plywood sticks out from the concrete about 3/4 inch because the...

Traps used in home construction [ 2 Answers ]

What is the most commonly used trap in home comstruction?

Closing tomorrow on first mobile home. Wise or foolish? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am not sure if I should ask with this topic or real estate. Long story short, husband and I got into an ugly, trivial argument. 5 days ago, I prayed and then I confessed to my husband that I aborted our baby back in feb.because of a violent argument he had with me. My reasons for what I did...

Home construction [ 3 Answers ]

I built a room 12 x 24 inside a steel building 40 x 60 I want to anchor it to the floor with a remington nail gun how far apart do I shoot between every stud or every other I also didn't use pressure treated wood for bottom plate to concrete is that a problem (to late now)didn't think

View more questions Search