Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dig4genes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2014, 09:43 AM
    Recording DVD om DVR620KU
    Just went to fiber optics TV. Having problems hooking up recorder and making it work with sound and picture. I keep getting a error message on DVD recording.

What am I doing wrong? DVD/VHS recorder is hooked up to TV with HDMI. The box to the recording unit is hooked up with the white, yellow and red cables.

Thank you,

Vickye
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 6, 2014, 10:13 AM
    The key here is you need to use outputs from the settop box into the DVD recorder if you want to record content. If you just want to play DVDs on the TV then you output from the DVD recorder to the TV.

What outputs you use depends on what inputs are available for the various devices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD Recording. [ 5 Answers ]

My dad wants to buy a DVD Recorder and player, but he is wondering how you can record up to 185 minutes on one DVD disk? Does anyone here have a DVD Recorder who may be able to help me with this question? 185 minutes is 3 hrs. and 5 minutes. He has been looking at a TV series that is now...

Recording a DVD from TV program [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DVD VHS combo player and recorder. I frequently record DVDs of programs I watch on TV and they play back just fine. However, if I try to play the same DVD on another machine it is not recognized. Am I missing some trick or is there some format issue I do not understand? Thanks

How to finalize a DVD recording from TV [ 3 Answers ]

I recently acquired a Toshiba D-VR600 DVD/VCR recorder, but don't have an owners manual for it. My question is how do I go about finalizing a DVD recording I make from the TV, so it will play on other DVD players? Step by step instructions would be most helpful and greatly appreciated. I tried to...

DVD Recording [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to produce individual DVD's of talented children in sport with movement images of their training but also with an inspiring song in the background to match. I have a sony cam and I have just worked out how to only burn the filmed images with the filmed sound by using a DVD Recorder...

Scheduling DVD recording [ 4 Answers ]

My DVD Recorder records whatever program I'm watching, but I have trouble scheduling programs to record. I have a cable box Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4200 hooked up to my DVD Recorder, TV and VCR. I connected them all following instructions but still can't schedule recordings. I heard something...

View more questions Search