Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asandoval Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2004, 09:21 AM
    PC on, nothing on screen
    My PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Sep 17, 2004, 03:40 PM
    PC on, nothing on screen
    my PC turns on, no boot, nothing on screen, help?
    Well, what's the last thing you did before it stopped working?

One thing to try is reseating ALL connections except the CPU and its heatsink. If that doesn't work, pull all nonessential connections (all drives and unneeded expansion cards and chassis fans) and see if you have any luck.

If that doesn't work, try pulling out the silver CMOS battery on the board (make sure it's not soldered on first! :)), leave it out for a few minutes, pop it back in, and see if you have any better luck.

That's the best I can do without further information. Do the fans start up? Any beeps?

~psi42
    sammyh1961 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2004, 02:51 PM
    Re: PC on, nothing on screen
    Go under control panel -system-hardware- device manager-then monitor , right click on the monitor and then select properties. Does it say it is working properly if so then go to the troubleshooter below and see if you can find an answer there.
    My monitor said out of range after my potbelly pig chewed on my cable leading from the TV to the tower. Unfortunetly you just can't buy a cable for the monitor you have to replace the whole monitor..
    The above is a good place to start before taking it in.
    Good luck :)
    Just one more thought in order to do any of this you would have to hook up a different monitor so you can see it!
    geo_neo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2004, 02:42 PM
    Re: PC on, nothing on screen
    Sounds like the power supply unit to me?
    We have a lot of computers coming in to us with the same problem. Unplug the computer from the mains supply for about 30 seconds and plug back in then turn on PC see if it starts...
    See if you can get hold of a psu from a mate and test it out just connect it to your motherboard and nothing else to test
    Hope that was of some help?? :)
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Oct 14, 2004, 10:44 PM
    If you PC actually turns on then I don't think it's a power supply problem. If you don't get a POST (the little beep that you normally hear after the computer first starts) then that usually suggests that the CPU is where the problem is. Take a look in Google for the meanings of the different POST beeps for your board. It should say something like "One long beep and 2 short beeps means the RAM is having a problem" and I think you will find that no beeps at all means that the board is not recognising a CPU. I would try PSI42's suggestion first or you might need to look at getting a new CPU.
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 27, 2004, 01:28 PM
    Hi,

Your post is simply too vague to reply to without having more information. Perhaps if you answer some of the questions that others here have asked, then one of us should be able to better assist you with your issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning CD/DVD and screen [ 5 Answers ]

Are there any around-the-house stuff I can use that is safe for cleaning CD/DVDs and the monitor screen?

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

Screen door [ 3 Answers ]

Im trying to install a new screen door on my front door. Front door swings in, screen door swings out.BUT... the screen door hits the lock set of the front door, when you try and close it. Is my front door casing narrower then most? Do I have to make the screen door hing on the other side,...

Blank screen [ 3 Answers ]

While on the internet my computer froze up and when I did control alt delete my screen went blank with all wavy lines. I shut the machine off and sbooted up again only to get the blank screen with wavy lines. No matter what I try I cannot get to my desktop. Can anyone help? :eek:

Screen [ 1 Answers ]

Customize my desktop? If not there should be laptop settings to set the resolution and screen size

View more questions Search