Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kausthub8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2014, 08:43 AM
    Physics help on coefficient of restitution
    A ball is projected with an initial velocity u with an angle X to the horizontal surface. If e is the coefficient of restitution, then find
    a) Total time taken by the ball to settle on the surface
    b) Total horizontal distance / range covered by the ball before it settles on the ground
    c) Sum of maximum heights reached by the ball before it settles on the surface
    I have tried the first question by adding all the times of flight and got the answer as
    (2u sin X) / (g - ge) but I couldn't get the answers to the second and third questions. Please explain with solutions and give the final answer in terms of u, e, X and g.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 4, 2014, 07:35 PM
    The horizontal distance covered is horizontal velocity ucosX times the time that you found in the first part. As for sum of heights: the height of each bounce is vertical velocity squared divided by 2g. Do the infinite sum like you did for the first part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Iowa law on restitution can they law suit money for restitution [ 1 Answers ]

If you na law siut can they take that money and aply it to your restitution

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

Coefficient of variation [ 1 Answers ]

Having ENPV, standard deviation, worst and best possible outcome and probability of occurrence - how you find the coefficient of variation? The formula is the expected return divided on the standard deviation. But how to find the expected return in this case? Can you help me please!

Beta Coefficient [ 1 Answers ]

Given the following information, ra = 14.7%; rrf = 5.25%; rm = 12%, calculate the beta coefficient for Stock A that would be consistent with equilibrium. Explain why this represents equilibrium.

View more questions Search