Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Electric water heater won't stop running
    My electric water heater won't stop running the thermostats are on the lowest setting what could the problems be. Id appreciate any help.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2007, 02:19 PM
    You might find an answer on the following link. There is something down the page in it about won't stop running.

Retrofitting Your Water Heater
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Your thermostat has failed, if your t and p has not popped off you need to replace that too. What brand water heater and what is the serial number?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Current running through water [ 7 Answers ]

Why is it that there is an electric current running through my water?

Electric Water Heater [ 7 Answers ]

Howdy all again, here's another question. If you read my previous post about Water Circulator Woes, we're going to move upstairs now. My 20 gal electric water heater is pulling too much power. It's discoloring the electrical faceplate, and it actually burnt through it's power cable. But it...

Water heater running time [ 4 Answers ]

My power company uses 90 hours for average monthly running time for figuring monthly cost.I don't know for sure but believe basing this on family of four.Now I know might be hard to know being so many factors to figure in.I live alone and hot water consumption is one shower a day.Laundry I do...

Heater won't stop running [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Frifidaire central heating & air conditioning system 2 years old. Today we set thermostat to cool and the heater continues to run and will not shut off by thermostat control. Pulled the thermostat and heat continues to run. Currently off as I switched off the breaker at the outside unit....

Water won't stop running [ 3 Answers ]

Changed the stems and the cold water works fine but I can not get the hot water to stop running. I have the handle turned off completely and it runs like I have it wide open. Please help us as soon as possible

View more questions Search