Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thehyghwayman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 07:12 PM
    Aching Heart
    Hello from Ohio,

I will get straight to it;

I've been with my wife for 23yrs and married to her for 18yrs and I want out of this marriage. We had one child together back in 93, he's 20yrs old now. I'm 48 and mmy wife is 51. I've lost the feeling/love for my wife and want out of this marriage.

We had a good relationship with love and what not until we were both victims of a high speed rear end collision in 2004. My wife was in the drivers seat and walked away unhurt, I was not as lucky. My injuries created financial hardships on us being at the time I was the bread winner and was unable to work for several (11)months. 52wks after the first accident I got T-boned which exasperated my original injuries. My wife believed I was faking my injuries so I wouldn't have to work which is BS because I loved my chosen career (Auto Mechanic). Between that and the pain killers we grew apart. After healing from the 2nd accident I found work in the automotive field as a Service Consultant but the income was nearly 1/2 of what I made as a Mechanic so my wife went out and found work to help make ends meet.

I have been sexually faithful to my wife for as long as we have been together, to the time of this post. Early into our relationship we both agreed that if we ever had feelings for someone other we would let the other know before acting out. Now here's the issue, in 2012 I was contacted by a crush I had in jr high. Feelings I had for this crush returned 10 fold because we were separated (my family moved out of state) and I never got to say goodbye. We communicated via phone/text for almost a week before I told my wife and therefore in her eye I cheated on her by giving my attention to another woman. I stopped all communications with my crush a few days later thinking we could get past this bump in life and the first year we grew closer but the last year has been hell.

Seeking legal and spiritual advice.
    Thanks in advance to all that reply.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2014, 08:17 PM
    You telling your wife, about the old friend, and the feelings, is most likely the main issue. It has given her more doubt. ** many married couples have feelings or desires for someone else, but never act on them.. I believe that we need to keep those types of feelings to our self, if we are not acting on them.

You need to work on marriage counseling, not giving up. I have not heard any word of months of counseling, before you give up
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 01:54 PM
    Legally the span of time the marriage has lasted will make the divorce harder because other issues come into play such as spousal support which at this point can last a lifetime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aching after chiropractic adjustment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I went to a chiropractor just over a fortnight ago as I have a tendency to ache a lot after long walks and bike rides. (although this aching wears off after a day or so). At the time of the appointment I wasn't achy. After an examination and three minor adjustments I went home feeling...

Aching teeth [ 4 Answers ]

My teeth are aching.could this be a sign of pregnancy

Aching eyeball [ 2 Answers ]

For a couple of months now I have had an aching eyeball, it feels almost like the eye is stiff and if I've been reading or looking at something for more than a few minutes then I move my eye in a different direction it aches. Its worse when I first wake up and sometimes it feels like the right eye...

Oh my aching legs [ 1 Answers ]

When I was little, my legs would really ache. My dad would just say that it is growing pains. Well I am 27 now and still get horrible leg pains. It feels like I have just run a marathon. And I can't sleep when it is happening. Also sometimes they feel like I have the flu. I know that sounds...

Oh my aching back! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 60 yr old female and3 days ago my lower back just started hurting. I'm very active and had lifted some tables and boxes the day before but had not felt any pain.the pain is not going down my legs and mostly hurts when I move suddenly or in certain ways. What can it be?

View more questions Search