Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deeneu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2014, 03:14 PM
    Shower Faucet Replaced -Won't Turn Off Completely
    I just removed shower faucet cartrdge for the hot water to find a replacement part because the handle was stripped. When I replaced the cartridge and turned the water supply back on, the faucet would not shut off completely. I thought maybe I had done something to the cartridge; therefore, I switched the cold and hot cartridges assuming the cold would now not shut off. No change, the hot side still does not shut off all the way.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Jul 3, 2014, 12:14 PM
    Should be able to take the handle off and close the valve with some pliers. Put the handle back on, and it should be fine.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jul 3, 2014, 12:22 PM
    Oh hey, I hate to be the posting police, but that was some really BAD advice there Farvaknowsbest. With advice like that I would suggest that you stay away from the plumbing page....may end up helping someone to break something and that is not why people come to this ask/help site, OK?

Deeneu, there is either sediment caught up in the hot outlet of the valve or there is some damage to the hot SEAT (the part the washer sits up against). I would flush the hot water side and then use a flashlight to see if you can see any scratches/damage to the seat of the hot side of the valve. If the seat is damaged, it can usually be removed and replaced by going to a local plumbing supply store...;)

Start there and let us know how you make out!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After replacing springs shower faucet won't turn off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a delta 1400 shower faucet that was leaking. I turned off the main water and replaced the cartridge. Based on online video I thought I did it correctly but after putting it it together and turning on the main water there is full water coming from the faucet and chaning the position of the...

Cold Water in Shower won't completely turn off! Help! [ 3 Answers ]

We are brand new home owners so we don’t have a lot of know how so forgive us for asking stupid questions. We bought this house about 3 years ago it was build around the mid-70s and is a Fox and Jacob home. The master bathroom only has a shower with 2 handles, sink and a toilet in it and none of...

Replaced diverter stem but bathtub faucet still runs water when I turn on shower [ 5 Answers ]

When I turn on my shower my bathtub faucet runs a good amount of water from it. So I replaced my diverter stem brand new as well as beveled washer as that is what the old one had. It worked great for a day, but when I went to shower this morning I had the same problem. When I turned on my shower...

Shower won't completely turn off [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Banner faucet assembly that is approx. 3 years old. The shower will not turn off completely. I have taken it apart and tightened the screw to the stem but it did not help. I am not sure what to look far on the stem but everything looks OK to me other than some limey build up which I...

View more questions Search