Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 14, 2015, 03:24 PM
    You need to go to your hospital to determine whether your membranes are ruptured. There is no way we can help you with this.

Good luck!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2015, 06:34 PM
    Any news? Hoping that if things were indeed beginning, that all is going well. Looking forward to a baby announcement!
    jomana Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2015, 08:37 AM
    Hello,
    So sorry for not announcing, being a mother is full time job and even more.
    I had my little boy at June 16th, he's almost 5 weeks old, and he's a healthy gorgeous little boy.
    I started having contractions at 3.30 am, I waited until they were 5 mn apart, I headed to the hospital at 6 am, I was having a back labor, it was the worst pain ever, but finally had my baby at 10 am.
    It was a very painful experience but joyful at the same time.
    Thank you so much for helping me throughout my pregnancy,I'll never forget your kindness.
    I'll keep updating you.
    With love,
    Jomana
    Expert

Jul 22, 2015, 09:00 AM
    Congratulations! That is such wonderful news!
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2015, 01:21 PM
    Thank you for the update! Always nice to hear back and find out how things went.

Glad to hear all went well... Enjoy your new baby boy!

Mar 10, 2016, 08:40 AM
    Hello DoulaLC, how are you doing?
    It's been a long time since I've posted the last time
    My baby boy is nearly 9 months now, and always breastfeeding,
    Actually I need an advice, I was uncomfortable to use any birth control so I didn't,
    I didn't had my period back till my baby was 6 month old, so I had 3 cycles till now, the last one was on 02/11, and I had unprotected sex on 02/22.
    On 03/05, I wiped a watery mucus tinged with blood so I thought my period showed up early.
    But I only kept wiping a small amount for only 2 days and then stopped. I tested this morning and it came back negative.
    It is possible that it's implantation bleeding? I'm not trying to get pregnant now but if I am I'll be thrilled.
    Does breasfeeding interfere with the test result?
    Expert

Mar 10, 2016, 08:50 AM
    Breast feeding will not cause a negative or positive result. It has no bearing on a pregnancy test.

Implantation on bleeding is very controversial.

Exclusive breastfeeding is typically a good form of contraception, however, unexpected pregnancy can occur. This could have been simple breakthrough bleeding. It's really too early to test since your period is not likely due yet. Wait another couple of weeks. If you don't get a period by then, test again using first morning urine.

Mar 10, 2016, 08:55 AM
    Thank you so much for your reply
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2016, 02:36 PM
    Hi jomana,

As J_9 said, wait and see what happens when you would normally expect your period. Implantation spotting is noticed by some, but not something you can determine pregnancy by as other causes for spotting are possible.

Great job with the continued breastfeeding! Since you've regained menstrual cycles, you won't be able to rely on it for contraception however. If you aren't pregnant, and you'd prefer to lessen the chance of pregnancy, best to talk to your doctor about options that you might like that are compatible with breastfeeding... both hormonal and non-hormonal.

Thanks for updating us. Always nice to hear how someone is doing! Enjoy that baby... fun age!

Feb 11, 2017, 08:19 AM
    Hello again,
    My last lmp was dec 10th,and since I have a long cycle, I think I ovulated so late which
    I got a bfp on jan 22nd.so I went to my doc the 25th but she couldn't see anything on ultrasound
    So she told me to go back in a week,I went back on feb 2nd and she couldn't see anything,she said maybe it's still early
    So,they measured my hcg level and it was 270 ,so it was too early to see anything.
    I traveled on feb 3rd and it was a 7 hour ride.
    On sun feb 5th I started spotting light pink, since I was so far from my ob gyn
    I called her and she recommended me to see any doc, so they performed a scan
    Couldn't see a sac because I was still early but they saw blood in my uterus
    They sent me home and ordered a bed rest,
    The bleeding increased a bit, it was like a normal period but only darker
    For now the bleeding is only a bit not enough to soak a pad but still haven't stopped.
    So now I'm really comfused, did I miscarry or not. I had no pain though
    What can I do now? Should I wait? Or go back to see a doc, they told me
    That I can't travel now, can you please give me an answer,
    What are you recommendations DoulalC?
    My baby boy is almost 20 months now.
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2017, 04:46 PM
    Hi jomana,

Sorry to hear that your positive news of another pregnancy is being mixed with uncertainty.
    Unfortunately, until you get a confirmation on a scan, it can be difficult to know if the light bleeding is due to an early miscarriage, possibly a threatened miscarriage ( which is why they want you taking it easy for now), or just changes in early pregnancy which sometimes result in spotting or bleeding. This happens to a fair number of women and their pregnancy progresses without further concern.
    What did your doctor say? They will schedule another scan and more blood work before too long to see what changes can be noted.
    Hopefully all will be well.

Feb 13, 2017, 06:06 AM
    Hello again,
    The doc said I need to rest and go back in one week or so.
    I bled for one week, it wasn't heavy though,it was much like a light period.
    Suddenly I stopped bleeding and the white discharge came back again.
    I'm not sure if it's an early miscarriage or SCH that healed by itself.
    I'm going to try a home pregnancy test for now to see if it's still positive.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2017, 07:27 AM
    Hi jomana... hope all is well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eggs problem [ 1 Answers ]

When I got my lovebirds,they laid 6 eggs from which 3 came out n 3 didn't. After 1 month and a half, only 1 egg was laid and baby didn't come out. Then 3 were laid n same thing happened. Now I see that she is going to lay eggs and this time I want babies to come out. What can be the reasons of her...

Are farm fresh eggs more watery than store bought eggs? Is the yolk a pale yellow? [ 2 Answers ]

I buy my eggs from a local farmer. But the white is runnier than the ones I buy at the store and the yolks are pale yellow almost white. Does that mean he's storing them or that he's feeding them something different.

Small Engine Carburetor Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have an approx 10 year old Murray lawn tractor with a 20hp Briggs & Stratton twin cylinder engine. It has been running uneven for a little while. It will rev up and down in about a 2 second cycle. If I have a load on the engine (i.e. in drive with the blades engaged) it will run just fine for...

Girlfriend wants a break... small problem [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so this is my situation... I am in high school, and I met this girl at the beginning of the year who I really liked, and she liked me back and all was fine. I never really treated her like a "serious" girlfriend, although I would take her out occasionally. Now, she decided to break up...

Have a small problem [ 38 Answers ]

[ :confused: Hi I am running windows 98Se. Celeron 850MHz.ATI viedo card and creative sound blaster live. I have my on board sound card shut off. 256 ram. I don't know what else I can tell you about my puter... Ok here is my problem When I go on to the internet to check my email at Yahoo my...

View more questions Search