Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heyhey13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 11:32 PM
    (Read all) Help me please, so scared and confused.
    So, I don't need a lecture first of all, just looking for help. I'm young, and I'm scared I could be pregnant although the possibilities are extremely low and unlikely.

On the 13th, me and my boyfriend had PROTECTED sex (so don't get all upset) but, the condom did break LONG before he ejaculated I know this for a fact. Also, he pulled out as soon as it broke. He didn't pee at all that day because he had been out with friends before I came over, and even if somehow he did, he peed multiple times beforehand.

Now, my concern is precum. My period is late, probably because I've been sooooo stressed and anxious about this whole thing. I haven't stopped worrying. My period is only about 3 days late but now I feel like I have symptoms and I'm just really scared. I'm getting a test soon but I'd like to know some opinions. Thank you so much, please try not to scare me too much lol.

PS- I've also had a yeast infection but that developed before this even happened it just got worse so I don't know if that could possibly set off my period (sorry tmi)
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2014, 03:25 AM
    First, you don't get to dictate how anyone can answer, its in the site rules.

WHy do people think Peeing will change anything? Where do they get this from? Its absolutely absurb actually. No you aren't the first person who has said that recently, so you aren't alone.

You can't possibly have sysmptoms related to this, this soon. Yes it is possible you are pregnant, but its still way too soon to test. You need to be at least 14 days late. WHen you test it has to be right after you wake up, the first time you pee that morning, and only read the results during the time window spelled out on the test kit.

If he managed to break the condom (its always due to mishandling it) then it was in effect, UNprotected sex. And yes precum CAN make you pregnant.

You are only three days late... which isn't much. You still have anther 11 days before you can test. Your period might still come.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2014, 04:28 AM
    @smoothy... The idea of urinating after ejaculation comes from a number of sites people read. Very few studies have been done to determine whether there are sperm present in pre-ejaculate. For decades it has always been assumed that there are, but now some very small studies have shown that there are none as pre-ejaculate comes from a gland that does not contain sperm. It's purpose is mainly for lubrication and preparing the way in the vagina for the sperm that will follow. However, larger studies need to be done before it can be considered conclusive.

The urination comes in with the idea that it will flush out any remaining sperm from a previous ejaculation and then the man can reenter without concern. However, this is not a given. It MAY lessen the number of sperm, but it does not guarantee that there will be no sperm. This is one reason why withdrawal fails for couples... the man withdrawals, ejaculates, washes or wipes off, or urinates and then reenters. This does not get rid of all of the sperm that can remain and the pre-ejaculate for this next session will likely pick up any remaining sperm along the way.

In short: withdrawal method can work to lower the chance of pregnancy, IF used correctly. This is done by the woman knowing her cycle very well, and understanding what to look for as cycles can alter... (which few women actually do). It also requires the man to know his body very well and withdraw with time to spare... and then no reentry. Both partners need to trust the other very well also.

Even with these measures, withdrawal method, like any other form of birth control, is not 100% effective. The withdrawal method, because of the knowledge needed to use correctly, is considered one of the least effective, although it is one of the most widely practiced methods. When it used correctly, it can be fairly effective.

Because of the size of the studies done, the need for larger studies to possibly confirm the findings, the lack of understanding on using the withdrawal method, and likely many doctors being unaware of the studies done (they certainly are not going to read all journal articles), the majority will likely continue to counsel couples towards better forms of birth control.

Interestingly, however, some well respected sites and journal articles that speak to reproductive health have reworded their comments on withdrawal to the idea that pre-ejaculate "may" contain sperm from that it "does", and some mention the small studies that have been done thus far. When they do get around to having larger studies done, it will be interesting to see what the findings are.

@Heyhey13... as smoothy said, you'll need to wait a bit longer and see if your period is just off a bit. Which can be perfectly normal. If you are going to continue having sex, it would be best if you both use birth control. He should certainly continue to use a condom and you should find a form of birth control that you will use consistently.

Even then, pregnancy is going to be possible, so if you aren't ready for that possibility, think carefully about your actions... and whatever you do, do not let yourself get talked into sex if you aren't ready for a possible baby... as your life will be the one effected. (just a small lecture!)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2014, 05:04 AM
    Fact 1, ANY time there is penile insertion there is the risk of pregnancy. No form of birth control is 100%. So even with "protected sex" you are risking pregnancy. And just using a condom, has one of the lowest rates of protection.

Fact 2, 3 days late is hardly late, even if you are very regular. As you point out, your stress over the condom breaking could be affecting this.

Fact 3. it is too early for symptoms of pregnancy to manifest themselves. You may certainly experience symptoms that might be consistent with pregnancy, but they would be caused by something else at this stage.

So the best you can do is try to relax and understand that the, while pregnancy is a possibility, its not a strong one. But you need to wait a week and half before you can take a test and be confident of the results.

As smoothy noted, you can't tell people here are to respond. But the point needs to be made that if the possibility of pregnancy is scaring you so much, then why are you risking it? You say you are young, but don't say how young. But if you are not an adult, you are too young to emulate adult behavior.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 2, 2014, 06:43 AM
    Condoms are about 80-85% effective during regular use, it spikes to 95% for correct and perfect use but that rarely happens, so this is one of those 15-20% cases. You did the correct thing stopping intercourse at that point. The facts as it stands. Pissing before hand will have little effect on pre-ejaculate sperm concentration. There is a chance that there was sperm in the pre-ejaculate.

What does that mean? There is a chance that you got pregnant, but, as was said above, the chances are low and three days late isn't late. Right now it is a waiting game, if your period doesn't come in the next week and a half than you need to do a pregnancy test.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am still scared and confused, help. [ 0 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do j need advice. I have been a relationship with another woman for about 8 years. Approximately 2 years ago I was raped by a man, and was to scared to report it. 7 and 1/2 months later I find out that I am having a baby. Still scared and convinced that everyone will not...

I'm scared and confused! [ 2 Answers ]

My last period was on November 4th and I was supposed to get it again on November 27th. I'm 3 days late and I haven't done anything with my boyfriend. But I'm still worried. What could be the cause of my late period? I still didn't get it and I don't know what to do. Help!

Scared of future to break up, read a little of my story [ 4 Answers ]

8 months ago I fell in love with a girl, we lived for almost 6 months together. Ad time passed we understood we are not made for each other. We're both students. The problem is that this girl is sooooooo selfish, she wants everything for herself. Although we had this decision to marry, but she...

Read this will you?I'm really scared. [ 8 Answers ]

OK.. I really need your help.. im scared of what will happen to me.. so here's my situation. Im just 16. When I was 15, I was really desperate to be thin, even tough I am, that was my friends told me. Im not really obese or what. I just want to be thin. Because that time when I'm thin I felt...

View more questions Search