Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pdb6444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 06:58 PM
    Boulen riding law mower won't start
    Engine turns over but won't start;nor fire. I've replaced the spark plug & fuel filter/fuel; no luck. Also cleaned the air filter as we'll; nothing. If I let it sit over night the first crank with the choke on it will try to fire, then nothing.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 07:01 PM
    Make sure fuel is getting to the carb bowl. Does this have a carb solenoid? Is power getting to it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 07:22 PM
    Tomorrow morning full choke and throttle, turn the key. If it tries to start then open the choke and try again. When did it last run? Fresh fuel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Riding Mower Won't Start! [ 12 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, I have a Craftsman 42" riding mower with 17 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. It won't start. When I turn the ignition it makes a clicking sound, but it will not crank. The battery tested out fine, fully charged. New spark plug. I replaced the ignition switch and solenoid. It...

John Deer Riding Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have a John Deer Riding Lawn Mower LX 173. It won't start. It ran fine last fall and I have a new battery on it. It will start with the help of starting fluid and run for just a second and then shut off. I found a hose disconnected on it but I'm not sure where it goes. It was laying...

Riding mower won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I started the mower, MTD Yardman 17.5 hp B&S, cut the lawn and put it away. I tried to start it a couple days later and it wouldn't start. I did not even get a "click" from the starter solenoid. I was able to jump start it with a portable jump pack. After turning it off it would not start. I...

View more questions Search