Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mima omaima Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 08:42 AM
    Should I change my career ?
    I have recently strated as an engneer but is doesn't feel like I tought it would be .does it happen to every one ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 08:56 AM
    It happens to many. I trained to be a teacher, got a state certificate, taught for a while, and decided to rethink my career. I did teach again a few years later after working at other jobs, and then became a librarian and later a counselor. My younger son graduated from college in '97 and still isn't quite sure he's in the right job.

So, you see, just because you have studied toward a certain career, that doesn't mean it will be your passion and your life's work. My suggestion is to get a job in that field and give it a chance. Meanwhile, you will learn more about yourself and possibly what else you might want to do. Also, volunteer at a hospital or animal shelter or library in order to meet people outside your field and in order to do work of an entirely different nature. That effort will help you better organize your priorities.

Jul 1, 2014, 07:01 PM
    Thanks for helping
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 07:09 PM
    Many people, find this, how much did you investigate what the job would be like. What is it, that does not seem what you wanted?

If you want to change careers then do so.

Jul 2, 2014, 10:10 AM
    But its not that easy to do
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 7, 2014, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mima omaima View Post
    But its not that easy to do
    Nothing worthwhile is easy. If you want the easy way, then stay in the career you're not in, and hope that you learn to love it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possible career change [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and hope that I can get some guidance. I am currently a staff accountant at a small CPA firm. I like my job a lot but for me to advance my boss wants me to get my CPA license and lately I have been feeling I don't want to go in that direction. I know that...

Career change [ 2 Answers ]

What do I say when I am asked why do I want a career change? I am trained in one field but I want to get into a different field and I don't know how to answer that question.

Career change [ 8 Answers ]

What are the training and experience requirements to become a Registered Nurse.

I need a career change [ 1 Answers ]

At the moment I'm working as a receptionist and now I'm bored and I need something that motivates me. Please help me out.

View more questions Search