Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aminor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 08:26 AM
    Do I need padding under indoor/outdoor carpet tiles over a hardwood floor
    Do I need padding under indoor/outdoor carpet tiles over a hardwood floor? If so what kind?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 08:59 AM
    No padding needed. Over padding, carpet tiles will slip around too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing old floor tiles under carpet, black stuff [ 3 Answers ]

I took over an old house that had industrial carpet glued to the floor, after cutting and pulling this all up some of the floor tiles (did not know this was under it) came up also. So I started to pull up the old floor vinyl tiles. Now some of them are pretty tough to remove and I have to chip it...

How to transition hardwood floor to carpet/tile on a slab floor [ 1 Answers ]

We installed new hardwood flooring on our slab floor, it is a floating floor. How do we transition to tile and carpet? Do we need to glue the transitions down?

Carpet Tiles on Concrete Floor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi we are converting a garage to bedroom. Clean, water proof with sealer , then lay carpet tiles? To help "soften" the floor and for added insulation/warmth , what would you suggest to go under the carpet tiles? I am wondering if a layer of 1/8" plywood or MDF glued down to the concrete would be...

Can I install hardwood over porcelain tiles? [ 6 Answers ]

My entire house have porcelain tiles. I would like to install hardwood over all area except the bathroom and kitchen. Can I install hardwood over the tiles without remove tiles? Some contractors told me I have to remove it. Some told me I can use specialty glue to glue hardwood to tiles. Who would...

View more questions Search