Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kai Vegeta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2014, 07:14 AM
    Car Jump Distance Calculator
    Speed:550-580 kmph, weight:1500kg, angle of jump:20degree. How much distance would the car cover?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 07:16 AM
    Sounds like homework? What do you think it is, and how did you arrive at that answer?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 09:06 AM
    Google "finding a trajectory equation". You need to do the work, we will help but not do.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Vegeta
    Speed:550-580 kmph,
    What's KMPH? Thousand miles per hour?

weight:1500kg,
    Weight doesn't matter

angle of jump:20degree. How much distance would the car cover?
    This can be approximated, but an accurate calculation requires some knowledge of the car's coefficient of drag.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car only starts with a jump and I just got a new battery [ 6 Answers ]

My car only starts with a jump and I just got a new battery. I thought it was the terminals connected to the battery because the positive one was cracked, so I replaced that. I would work but only with a jump. So I thought bad battery. I got a new battery started up fine the first time but now it...

My car won't start without a jump [ 6 Answers ]

My car won't start without a jump, when I give it a jump, it runs great, but when I leave it off for long periods, the power drains out completely, so I thought it was probably the alternator, but went to the mechanic and was told its fine, the obd code says its cat converters, and mechanic asks...

New Battery but car still won't start without a jump [ 10 Answers ]

I replaced the battery in my car but when I went to start it it still wouldn't start. So I have to jump it to get it to going and then it's okay. Why would this be going on? It seems to run okay other than that. Do I need to replace the jumpter cables that attach to the battery?:confused:

Car won't jump or bump start! [ 6 Answers ]

Car cut out and can't be restarted. Battery is full windows light and wipers all working fine. But no sound from the started motor or the noraml clicking you would get from a flatted battery. So I was thinking that the starter motor has gone but that wouldn't explain why it cut out on me and died...

Getting a car jump [ 5 Answers ]

HI there, So I have a question. I've had to get my car jumped five times this month. There was a full service tune-up in June that verified that my battery was okay. What could be the issue? It's a 1997 Kia Sportage.

View more questions Search