Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burgess87 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2014, 10:53 PM
    Help required to solve math puzzle
    What is the least number, which when divided by 48,60,72,108 and 140 leaves remainders 38,50,62,98 and 130 respectively?

Please tell me the answer and procedure to solve this problem
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2014, 07:08 AM
    We don't tell you answers here. Show us your work and we can help.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 1, 2014, 01:59 PM
    Here's a hint to get you started. Suppose the answer is 'A' - note that dividing A by each of these divisors leaves a remainder that is 10 less than the divisor. Therefore all of these divisors divide into A +10 without a remainder. Hence A+10 is the least common multiple of 48, 60, 72, 108 and 140. Can you complete it now?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help to solve math puzzle on ratios [ 2 Answers ]

In a box, there are some coins. Which contains 25 p, 10 p, 5 p in the ration of 1 : 2 : 3. if there are 30 rs in the box, What is the number of 10 p coins?

Please solve this puzzle [ 5 Answers ]

I got a software which asks for a hexadecimal input(8 characters) and gives number. I need to know how does it calculates to get these number. These below are some of numbers I tried and result I got- INPUT RESULT 808E7CA4 1983145673 12344321 305414945 ...

Solve puzzle [ 3 Answers ]

A boy was locked in a room by some robbers. All that is in the room is a piano, calendar, and a bed. The room is locked from the outside. What does he eat, drink, and how does he escaped and get out ?

Solve this puzzle. [ 9 Answers ]

I got my period March 2, I haven't had it since. Me & my boyfriend do not use any type of birth control. I have every symptom of pregnancy there is. Motion sickness, very very exhausted, smells sicken me, my breats especially hurt when I walk up and down the steps but are very tender even when I...

Math puzzle: piece missing? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm no longer fluent in math :rolleyes: but retain some ability in algebra after all these years... Still, I'm having trouble setting up a problem from a puzzle calendar that a friend gave me. It seems like a piece is missing, although I'm not entirely convinced that's true. Here's the quote:...

View more questions Search