Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ansy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2014, 12:14 PM
    German ancestral visa
    I am seriously wanting to explore the possibility of obtaining a German passport. My father is entitled to a German passport so does that make me eligible. With the current situation in South Africa and the whole Affirmative Action policy I need to ensure that my children are able to study in the field that they wish to study.
    Who is the best person to ask and where can I get help? Would they consider giving me and my children "refugee status"?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2014, 12:31 PM
    Its highly unlikely YOU wuill be entitled to it. The fact your father is or not , the biggest thing is he does NOT have german citizenship right now.

Far more people think they are entitled than actually are entitled... immigration rules have changed in recent decades... and what might have been at one time... is no longer true.

If you need to hear this from them... contact the German Embassy in the country you are currently a citizen of.

WHere you get this affermative action thing I don't know... and ability to go to a certain school in a certain field has absolutely nothing to do with if you and particularly them have any right.

If your father isn't a German citizen right now, then he has no rights to a German Passport contrary to what he believes... nor do you or your children. Only German CItizens are allowed to hodl a German Passport.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 30, 2014, 02:10 PM
    Germany does not go by bloodline. However, if you live there and have a permanent residence, speak German fluently, you may be able to apply, but that doesn't include your children.

i doubt refugee status is an option. Phone the German embassy for more detailed information.

sounds like you are running from something from the way your post reads.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

German Ancestral Visa/Passport [ 3 Answers ]

Hallo community I have so many questions about immigration I don't know where to start. I am a 31 year old female, married with two children. My husband and I have decided to immigrate but don't know where to start. I might qualify for a german or french ancestral passport/visa. (My Grandfather...

How do I go about applying for a german ancestral visa [ 0 Answers ]

How do I go about applying for a german ancestral visa

Ancestral Visa [ 3 Answers ]

I am from SA... But my grand mother and great grand father is German. Am I illegible for a German visa?

View more questions Search