Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    burgess87 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2014, 11:15 PM
    Need Help to solve math puzzle on ratios
    In a box, there are some coins. Which contains 25 p, 10 p, 5 p in the ration of 1 : 2 : 3. if there are 30 rs in the box, What is the number of 10 p coins?
    Yusf Posts: 198, Reputation: 3

Jun 30, 2014, 08:05 AM
    the ratio means that there are 1 25p coin, 2 10p coins, 3 5p coins. Now how much rupee is there in total? According to ratio 1:2:3, total rupee 1*25+2*10+3*5 =60p So if there are 60 pence in total, there are 2 10p coins. Now convert 30rs to pence and find out, using the unitary method, the number of 10p coins when there is 30rs.
    Hope this helps.
    burgess87 Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2014, 04:32 AM
    Yes, your answer is helpful Yusf.. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please solve this puzzle [ 5 Answers ]

I got a software which asks for a hexadecimal input(8 characters) and gives number. I need to know how does it calculates to get these number. These below are some of numbers I tried and result I got- INPUT RESULT 808E7CA4 1983145673 12344321 305414945 ...

Solve puzzle [ 3 Answers ]

A boy was locked in a room by some robbers. All that is in the room is a piano, calendar, and a bed. The room is locked from the outside. What does he eat, drink, and how does he escaped and get out ?

Math Answers Ratios [ 1 Answers ]

A certain quantity of 40% solution is replaced by a 25% solution sch that the new concentration ratio is 35% What is the ration of solution that was replaced to the ratio of the solution that was not replaced?

Solve this puzzle. [ 9 Answers ]

I got my period March 2, I haven't had it since. Me & my boyfriend do not use any type of birth control. I have every symptom of pregnancy there is. Motion sickness, very very exhausted, smells sicken me, my breats especially hurt when I walk up and down the steps but are very tender even when I...

Math puzzle: piece missing? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm no longer fluent in math :rolleyes: but retain some ability in algebra after all these years... Still, I'm having trouble setting up a problem from a puzzle calendar that a friend gave me. It seems like a piece is missing, although I'm not entirely convinced that's true. Here's the quote:...

View more questions Search