Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoosierclerk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2014, 08:51 AM
    Basement needs covered while halting construction
    hi, we bought a piece of land with a driveway and a basement.. from a home that had burned.. now we cleaned it all out and looks great. Inspector said we need to get rust off beam and then its good to build upon. Trouble is, we don't have the money to build a home as yet. Do you all have any ideas of how to cover the basement to keep it dry and free of the elements ? There used to be 4x8 sheets of wood covered with large piece of plastic, but that rotted the wood underneath. Is there a type of lean to we could build? Or what are your ideas ? Thanks again.. also the inspector said we could live down there if we had a door and a normal window put in.. could we build a wall, put in a door and window of normal height and then stairs going down to the door? Would love to get out of the renting as we could save some money then. But right now we need to cover it I would think.. even for protection of others. We do have insurance on it. But still wouldn't want someone to fall in or any animals either. Thinking about that orange fencing to put all around it instead of the caution tape. But really would like to live there as well.. while we save to build. Then take down wall and stairs when we are ready.
    thanks
    dannac Posts: 267, Reputation: 9

Jun 29, 2014, 05:45 AM
    ... a picture would be helpful... for others to be helpful.

Also size of basement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement Bathroom Construction Question... [ 3 Answers ]

Can you install the plumbing fixtures (toilet, sink, shower) to a basement bathroom first and then install the walls and lineolum flooring a few years later for time and money purposes? What are the pros and cons to doing in this way and will this cause more work in the long run?

New Construction-the plumber forgot to vent the basement bathroom! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm building a new house with a walkout basement with a bathroom (toilet, shower and sink) and a 1 1/2" vent was roughed into the floor but the plumber forgot to bring it up to the roof to vent it. He is now going to install a Oatey 6 DFU Sure Vent in the 1 1/2' vent pipe 1' above the floor. He...

Building a covered deck above a covered front porch [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to improve the curb appeal and usefulness of our hangar home. We are planning to have a deck built above the covered front porch, and will replace the double windows (the set on the left on the 2nd floor in the front view) with French doors. Because this faces south and we are in...

What's the order of construction in my finished basement? [ 6 Answers ]

I've got drywall up and am in process of painting now. I still have to install doors, cabinets/vanity, toilets, flooring and trim. Do I install the flooring before the doors, cabinets, toilet, etc? Any particular reason to do one beforenthe other?

Ranch home construction q*estion - drill ext wall to basement [ 10 Answers ]

Home built in the 60's, exterior brick, block basement. Walls uninsulated. What will I hit if I attempt to install a low voltage box in an exterior wall and drill through the bottom 2 x 4 (I would assume). 1) Will I hit basement? 2) Will I hit somewhere in the top of a block in the...

View more questions Search