Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madisonrainbow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2014, 12:19 AM
    When will the scar tissue heal or go down form double lobe piercing?
    I recently got my double lobes pierced but the place I went to wasn't very good and they got infected and closed up. On my left ear the scar tissue is almost completely gone, but on my right ear I can feel a good sized bump inside. I really want to get them re pierced, can I get them done now? Thanks!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 01:54 PM
    A bump would indicate a keloid. It happens very easily. I have one from a mole removal.

If you do in fact have a keloid, you'll have to have it removed, and allow it to heal, before you re-pierce.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 29, 2014, 10:29 PM
    Some people (like me) have naturally keloid skin. I still have bumps from stitches over 50 years old.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2014, 11:06 PM
    I'm the same way Joy. If I get injured I usually get a keloid, or at least take forever to heal even a simple scratch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of scar tissue from lip piercing? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you get rid of scar tissue around the lip? I have snakebites and the one on the right side has scare tissue (or keloids) around it. I'm not sure of what I can do to treat this

Piercing and scar tissue [ 0 Answers ]

A year ago next month I got my tongue and Christina piercing done. I have a lot of very soft scar tissue around thebtop hole of my Christina. It was caused from infection and the bead of it kept sitting somewhat inside of my skin. I switched to a captive bead ring and it helped fix that problem....

Should I remove a Keloid scar (piercing scar tissue)? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a navel piercing a year ago. Unfortunately, it somehow got inflamed and removed itself out of the skin; hence, created a scar which I believe is called the Keloid scar. I had once stopped by the piercing place to ask for professional suggestion of whether not I could be able to re-pierce it,...

How can you get rid of piercing scar tissue? [ 0 Answers ]

For anyone who knows a lot about piercings or has a lot of experience... maybe you can help me... I pierced my cartilage and there's scar tissue around it, the thing is, I don't like were the piercing is and I want to pierce it somewere els. But I want to get rid of the scar tissue so bad!! But I...

Is getting my ears pierced safe with scar tissue in one ear lobe? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a small lump of scar tissue from clip-on earrings in my right ear lobe. I am interested in getting my ears pierced, but I don't know if it will be safe. I am concerned about the earring going through or touching the scar tissue. It feels like a small, firm sphere inside my ear lobe. I don't...

View more questions Search