Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darenthedad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2014, 12:38 PM
    Mother unavailable due to work schedule
    My ex wife is an Engineer for BNSF Railway in Washington state and is on call 24 hrs a day. When she is called out to work she is typically gone anywhere from 24 to 36 hours depending on long it takes to get the train ready for a return trip and has her elderly mother who has health issues caring for my daughter. Her call out times are at all times day and night.

My question is, How will the state courts look at her availability as an unavailable mother, as to which how much time she actually spends at home with my daughter who is now 11 years old.

Thank you for your time

Daren
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 27, 2014, 01:31 PM
    I gather what you are asking pertains to possibly getting the court to change primary custody from your ex to you. Is this assumption correct?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 27, 2014, 04:30 PM
    Is there already a visitation order and if your looking to change it then you may need more reasons then what you just gave us if this has been her job all along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal for father's visitation to be forfeited by mother to suit her schedule? [ 7 Answers ]

My step-children's mother took them out of state during my husband's scheduled visitation time for the weekend. She didn't notify us until she had left with the kids and even then she did not ask that the time be forfeited or changed, but told us through a message left by her husband on our...

Drivers license schedule for suspension due to paid camera ticket at another state? [ 6 Answers ]

I got a Camera light ticket when I let someone else drive the rent a car. I paid the ticket. I had a hearing at Oregon which I didn't go to, I live in California. I have a fine and assessment for the courts of $251. My license is schedule to be revolked within 30 days of February 22, 2012 as a...

Creating a work schedule using Excel [ 1 Answers ]

I need help devising a formula to add hours to a schedule. I have everything complete except for the formula to calculate an overnight shift 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. The trick is to combine this formula in the formula's for the other shifts as well, which include 6:00 am to 2:00 pm and 2:00 pm to...

1099 schedule C due to short sale implications [ 1 Answers ]

We are in the process of short saling our home. We have been told we will receive a 1099 schedule C from the lender after the sale. What will this mean when we file our taxes next year?

Schedule 40 failure due to freezing [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the freeze line in Bristol Tn and the recommended depth for water line also where I can find listings for different areas. I would also like to find specifications on freeze failure for schedule 40 pvc.

View more questions Search