Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harbourwoods Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2005, 05:28 AM
    Firefox or Extension Delete?
    I downloaded the extension FoxyTunes & I have had nothing but problems. First of all it tells me the download is incomplete. I click on this but nothing happens. I am supposed to Delete & then close Firefox. I do this & when I reopen the extension it is still there. I have done this many times. It still looks like the other active extensions in my list. There must be some other place I can go to delete this extension.. I have tried using the uninstaller but that doesn't remove the extension. I have posted this so Jeremy could see it, he is the developer or this but no decent answer.

My OS is Windows XP Home Should I totally uninstall Firefox, I have the latest version. I don't like going into the registry or whatever, as the last thing I want to do is screw up my computer? I will look forward to your help.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2005, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by harbourwoods
    I have posted this so Jeremy could see it, he is the developer or this but no decent answer.
    Who's this Jeremy? Foxytunes was created by a guy called Alex Sirota.

It might be the easiest open to delete & reinstall Firefox. Just make sure you backup your bookmark etc's first.

On a side note - have you tried disabling the extension, not deleting it. Load up the extensions window Tools >> Extensions, right click on FoxyTunes and choose disable. It's such a small install I doubt just leaving it there will cause any problems.

Also, have you tried posting in the FoxyTunes forum?

Feb 23, 2005, 12:37 PM
    Firefox or Extension Delete
    Quote Originally Posted by LTheobald
    Who's this Jeremy? Foxytunes was created by a guy called Alex Sirota.

It might be the easiest open to delete & reinstall Firefox. Just make sure you backup your bookmark etc's first.

On a side note - have you tried disabling the extension, not deleting it. Load up the extensions window Tools >> Extensions, right click on FoxyTunes and choose disable. It's such a small install I doubt just leaving it there will cause any problems.

Also, have you tried posting in the FoxyTunes forum?
    See my answer re jeremy or is he a scam artist?
    http://tinyurl.com/58e44

Hi, I I tried the install of Foxy Tunes to a specific drirectory & I noticed it says a card application. Why?
    Also I created a copy of my profile & after looking at what was stated on the page link below I decided to just can the whole thing. I asked if there was any way I could totally remove FF from my Xp System & I have had no answer, until you wrote today. I can easily copy my Book marks to disk but how do I make sure everything is completely removed. As this profile etc is too much of a pain I will quit using the program other than to listen to a radio station on the browser FF..
    IE at this point is not causing a problem & I don't get pop ups as we are very careful what sites we look at.
    The info I am talking about is:
    would create a new profile folder. This link can help you with this: http://www.iosart.com/foxytunes/fire...rruptedprofile
    Sorry others think this is great but for now not me. I have used a computer for a long time but I am not fooling around with my software, as I have little contact now with IT people except through Forums.

On another note: Do you know where the red fox comes from on the icon?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2005, 06:04 AM
    If you want to completely remove it, run the install and then make sure that the following directories are gone (if you used the defaults):

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
    C:\Document & Settings\<PROFILE NAME>\Application Data\Mozilla\

I think those are the only places Mozilla stores information. The uninstaller should remove all this though.

As for where the fox picture came from, I don't think it came from anywhere. Firefox has gone through a few name changes. When it finally settled on Firefox, one of the Mozilla team must have designed that logo themselves.

On a side note, that Jeremy guy doesn't seem to be a scam artist. He does seem to be a genuine Mozilla developer. That URL you included though doesn't like FoxyTunes as one of his plugins though. He's just probably being helpful or knows the FoxyTunes creater well. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

Feb 24, 2005, 07:15 AM
    Delete Firefox and Extension
    Quote Originally Posted by LTheobald
    If you want to completely remove it, run the install and then make sure that the following directories are gone (if you used the defaults):

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
    C:\Document & Settings\<PROFILE NAME>\Application Data\Mozilla\

I think those are the only places Mozilla stores information. The uninstaller should remove all this though.

As for where the fox picture came from, I don't think it came from anywhere. Firefox has gone through a few name changes. When it finally settled on Firefox, one of the Mozilla team must have designed that logo themselves.

On a side note, that Jeremy guy doesn't seem to be a scam artist. He does seem to be a genuine Mozilla developer. That URL you included though doesn't like FoxyTunes as one of his plugins though. He's just probably being helpful or knows the FoxyTunes creater well. Either way, it doesn't really matter.
    Guess what I have a New Firefox up & running. I didn't worry about bookmarks even as most of my fav pages are in IE. So when I downloaded I had them imported. This Ask Me Forum has been a Great Help!! :D

Now some info on the Firefox Icon:
    The Icon has a RED Fox on it and it was developed by a company in Prince Edward Island Canada. We just happen to have a lot of Red Foxes here. Right now I forget the name of the Developer. A tid bit of Trivia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Files with an *.ISO extension [ 20 Answers ]

Does anyone have advice on how to open and use the contents of an *.ISO file?

Income Tax Extension [ 1 Answers ]

I filed for an extension in April for my 2005 taxes. How long is the extension for? When is the dealdine for me to file by now?

Help in PHP extension [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im triying to built a PHP extension, that will calls some other functions in some other .so files( in windows this is .dll files ) in Linux, I got the following error PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/httpd/apache/php/ext/libbgt.so' -...

Tub Drain Extension [ 1 Answers ]

My basement has a rough-in for a traditional tub with the drain at one end but I have my eye on a whirlpool tub with the drain in the middle. I prefer not to bust out the concrete to relocate the drain. Is it acceptable to build a wooden platform to support the tub and provide clearance...

Software with .iso extension [ 17 Answers ]

I've downloaded Microsoft office 2003 from a p2p software. However, when I unzip the folder, the downloaded file appears in an .iso file, with a type of ISO image file, when I click on it to open it, it automatically transfers to the CD writer software asking me to record this file on a blank CD....

View more questions Search