Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jun 19, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Umm... You are broke up. If the break up ended in a bad way or even on descent terms, then I can't see why she wouldn't want to move on with her life. Move on yourself and let her go. Good luck!
    Righthearted Posts: 143, Reputation: 4

Jun 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Should I ask for closure? I deserve better than the no call tactic.
    zooropa1985 Posts: 255, Reputation: 43

Jun 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
    This is weird but you are asking what I asked 8 weeks ago and I'm now the one giving the advice.

I was in the same boat, I wanted closure and I deserved better but at the end of the day the world is not black and white, sometimes these things happen, look at my past posts and see for yourself, in fact look at a lot of the other posts.

Move on my friend, don't contact her at all, it only makes things worse and will give you false hope.

Jun 19, 2007, 01:03 PM
    Just want closure and I deserve it.

Jun 19, 2007, 01:06 PM
    You do deserve it, you are right about that.

I can only add that its up to her, don't pressure her though, give her time and space and you might get what you want.

Jun 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I'm not pressuring her, you think an email would be pressure? I was just going to email her and ask her why she didn't get back to me.

Jun 19, 2007, 01:10 PM
    This is what I was thinking -

"Against my better judgement and common sense I thought I'd write you- I'm not sure what this can accomplish or where it will go but it will help me feel better.

I know you're trying to move on and all I want is for you to be happy I just thought I deserved better and it hurts me that you wouldn't even let me know what you were feeling by not calling me back. If you don't want to talk to me anymore at least tell me- maybe I should take a hint. I just thought that after everything we had and shared together that it wouldn't just end like this."

Jun 19, 2007, 01:11 PM
    If you think that is best then go for it, but for your own sake make that the last one, if you get a reply then happy days go from there, if you don't then I would cease contact with her

Good luck man

Jun 19, 2007, 01:12 PM
    I'm putting the email together and may or not send it. I'll let you know. Thanks!

Jun 19, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Did you send something similar to your EX?

Jun 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Yea I did and it got me nowhere, in fact it delayed the emotions I had to go through.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 19, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Ok guys, I've bn through this... writing email is definitely bad... for two reasons:
    Firstly, if the girl has stopped taking your calls, either she is playing games, checking your patience or simply moved on keeping you as an option(so hasn't told you yet! ),
    Secondly, because she hasn't told u, therefore it goes without saying that your email would be deemed as a kind of manipulation to get her to be touch with u(though it's not true)...
    So my point is that you take a back seat for now... I know you hv an urge to write to her which ideally you should, but with people like these who don't give clear answers, you should act the way they do... naturally as of today,she is not bothered about how you're feeling, so why really show your emotions to someone who doesn't bother... I kept writing emails, but the guy won't budge.. would lead me on by one liners like... "hey this is not the case, don't think like that" and boom.. days on end I would again wait for the calls... haha... so drop it right here.. bulls to people like these
    Stunning07 Posts: 193, Reputation: 25

Jun 19, 2007, 01:46 PM
    She just gave you closeure by not returning your phone call... leave her alone its hard real hard and we all sound bad but were trying to help if she loves you... she'll come back right now she's doing her own thing time for you to do yours also
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jun 19, 2007, 02:12 PM
    I just went through this with my ex, but I was in your ex's position. I told him I needed space and that we should slow down and he said he couldn't do that so I had to break it off for my own sanity. He then kept calling, and calling, and texting and emailing and telling me that he needed closure. All it did was aggrivate me that he wouldn't move on and leave me alone. I wanted to stay on friendly terms with him but that didn't happen. If you are on good terms now, don't screw it up by harassing her with phone calls and emails. If she wanted to talk to you then she would. Just let her come back to you. You never know, by then you might be in a wonderful relationship with the girl of your dreams. But you will never know if you sit around waiting on a girl that doesn't feel the same way you do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 19, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I think she is sending a strong message to leave her alone.

If they paid you to be miserable and confused you would be rich beyond your wilddest dreams. Cancel the wedding date, and leave her alone. No contact. See, no confusion with that suggestion.
    by T-Man yesterday.

Jun 19, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Well she just called my house and left a message - what's the deal?
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

Jun 19, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Hi, I was just having a quick check in and I couldn't help but notice you need help righthearted. So I went back through your posts and had a quick check...

Let me tell you one thing now. You Must stop all contact with your ex. I know the pain of not receiving closure, but you will one day realise you need closure from nobody. No one owes you anything although you may say they do and honest people would give you closure but girls like yours do NOT care.

Closure will not change anything at all, you will tell yourself closure will let me know what is going on and I will feel better. Well if you think this well close this relationship yourself. If she doesn't give you closure give it to yourself, say to yourself I am ending this relationship because I am not taking this. Don't need to tell this to anyone but yourself. Walk away DO NOT CONTACT her what would you possibly get out of that.

At the moment she is not coming back and if she ever wants to she knows how to get in contact with you!! If you keep contacting her you will never give her the chance to realise she may want to contact you.

If she does not contact you it will not be because you didn't contact her it will be for the simple reason that she does NOT want to speak to you and although you say well she asked me why I didn't return her calls. WHO CARES she dumped you its over if she wants you back she will tell you.

I will give you the closure you need right now. CLOSED!!

Please take this advice try your best to never think of her again, its so hard but that is how this will be. Like I said if she wants you she can contact you...

Jun 19, 2007, 10:02 PM
    Thanks Mac.
    That's my point she just did contact me after a little over a week of not returning my calls. I'm not going to call her back immediately - I'm too busy.
    Copperhead6 Posts: 132, Reputation: 51

Jun 19, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Leave Her Alone, Leave Her Alone, Listen to talaniman, nothing good will come of it. It's over for right now and she is sending the message. You need to send your own message by not responding and getting it together. She got the other messages, that is guaranteed. The closure is in the no response, regroup and get it together, and when she contacts you decide how you want to respond after being treated like that.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2007, 12:52 AM
    Why you ringing her? You don't have a relationship with this person. Accept it and start the transition to singleton.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search