Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jul 31, 2007, 08:11 AM
    Uh, yeah. That's the kind of thing that should get a person kicked to the curb immediately.

If it's an ex, it counts as stalking, and is most likely already a criminal offense where you are.
    Righthearted Posts: 143, Reputation: 4

Jul 31, 2007, 08:13 AM
    I'm not saying I'M the one doing this, I think someone is reading my emails. I don't know how they are though.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Contact a computer expert?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 08:32 AM
    I would change your passwords.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 31, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Righthearted
    Is it wrong to read a current/ex's emails without them knowing it?
    YES.

Jul 31, 2007, 08:57 AM
    - UPDATE -- UPDATE -

Well 2 weeks later and we've hung out and such, she also stayed over my place last week. We talked at length last week and she says that she knows that I'm the one that she would settle down with and marry- our compatibility is incredible. She says that if we get back together, that it means it's for the long haul (eventual marriage). She also promises that I'm not the back up plan and that she's got to make up her mind soon - which I agreed with. I didn't talk to her over the weekend because she had a lot of family visiting and I didn't talk to her yesterday- waiting for her to call me. I really feel that she is afraid/scared it's almost like she has to figure out if she wants to spend the rest our lives together. Also not helping matters her family isn't totally in agreement for us to get back together (being protective) and I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks.
    Well that's where we're at - I'm not putting pressure on her.

Thoughts? Opinions?
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Jul 31, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Change your passwords is the best way to stop someone. If he can access your emails he can most likely change your password to where you can't get into your own email. So hopefully you do it first. Also maybe there is a virus out there that allows him to see your files, but I think that is only possible with programs like Outlook Express... I doubt the person knows how to mak a comp virus if he isn't some high tech nerd
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 05:12 PM
    I hope I'm wrong but she is feeding you a line of complete BS! You seem to get enough to stay at a distance(false hope) but not enough to be happy. Take time to get your own thoughts and emotions together without her feeding you her side. You do have some say over this relationship, not just her.

Aug 25, 2007, 06:55 AM
    I Think I Did The Right Thing? Did I?
    So the saga continues and this morning I finally told myself enough is enough. I know some of you are familiar with my story but basically I finally told my EX whom I love with all my heart - "don't call me anymore until you know what you want". We've been doing the I don't know what I want crap for over a month meanwhile she goes out with this guy who she knows she has no future with. I came to this decision and I told her flat out "I have to do this for me, don't call me anymore until you know what you want".

Any ideas on what will/could happen? Thanks for all your support and guidance over the last few months.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 07:01 AM
    From this post, I think personally you made the right decision.

It is important to do what is best for you and your ex needs to make decisions best for them.

The back and forth and going out with different people. Obviously she does not know what she wants.

Yes, you did the right thing and as far as what could and will happen, who really knows. Just live your life and not worry about her anymore.

Joe
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Remember you telling them not to call you does not mean they won't, so you may have to be strong enough not to answer their calls either.
    Ex's will call just to mess with you because they can and want to.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 25, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Telling you what we think will happen in the future is like expecting us to look into crystal balls. Sorry, but mine broke when I was old enough to realize that there is no guarantee in any relationship. We can trust and hope for the best, but that still does not wind up being a sure-thing.

Is this the girl you 'talked' about since July? Well,then I can 'guess' what might happen - and believe me it's not good for you.

This yoyo life your are leading is going to make you physically and mentally sick.

I suggest you dismiss this chapter in your life and get a new perspective, if you can forget your obsession.

You could ask yourself one question... what will your life be like without all the trouble you've experienced through this particular relationship?

It's your choice to make, and I wish you all the best. Keep us posted.

Aug 25, 2007, 07:19 AM
    Thanks. We talked before and she said that I would be the one she'd marry and settle down with but that she's confused and doesn't know right now if she can make that commitment. By me telling her this now she has to come to grips and realize that she can't yo-yo me anymore and really has to evaluate things. And believe me I'm totally okay with things there's no turmoil/down in the dumps poor me stuff anymore. I've already been down that road.

We'll see what happens I guess.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 07:22 AM
    That is all you can do. You need to let it go and she needs to get all her stuff together. It is better you do this now, instead of it happening while your together, or married or worse have kids as well. You do not want it to happen then. It is better you do it now. Which you did. So please do not wait to see what happens. Just go on and do your own thing now.

Aug 25, 2007, 07:25 AM
    I completely agree with you.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 07:40 AM
    I think many people need to learn to speak like you do!
    Good job, short, simple and clear!:)

Aug 25, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Thanks.

Aug 25, 2007, 08:56 AM
    "Which you did. So please do not wait to see what happens. Just go on and do your own thing now."

I completely agree. What if she contacts me and wants to get back together.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 25, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Righthearted
    "Which you did. So please do not wait to see what happens. Just go on and do your own thing now."

I completely agree. What if she contacts me and wants to get back together.
    Take the old horse out back, place loaded rifle against shoulder, and aim.

As simple as that, or do you want more of what she dished out. If that's the case, you obviously are into pain.

Stay firm and tell her flat out - NO.

Don't let her drive you to this point...
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Probs won't happen. You can deal with it when or if that comes up. You will probably say no!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search