Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 13, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Exactly. Very true. If she does love you, she will find her way back through the path she has led to get back to you.
    Righthearted Posts: 143, Reputation: 4

Jun 13, 2007, 04:35 PM
    It has to be hard for her to not even call me right? It's hurtful that she wouldn't even return my calls or thank me for the flowers. It just doesn't seem like something she would do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 13, 2007, 04:41 PM
    One thing we all try to do is figure out why we get dumped. We think of all sorts of reasons they don't love us, after all the love we gave. The thing that our hurt feelings don't let us see, and accept is, they don't love us anymore. The reasons are theirs, and completely irrelevant to you. The only thing you should do at this point, is forget them their motives, or their feelings, and deal with your own. Save yourself the misery and pain, and get to the place where you can resume your life without them. Acceptance, as opposed to denial, will allow you to see what you should be doing for yourself, and not let you waste time trying to find answers that may not be there, and wouldn't make sense anyway. Save the confusion which has you stuck, and let no contact start your healing.

Jun 13, 2007, 05:47 PM
    I am starting no contact, it's better this way. This girl really got me - I was always there for her, made sure she was happy, always a gentleman. She could always be herself with me and I with her. I can't imagine she'll find that in a new relationship, I give up.
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

Jun 13, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Right... so stick to your guns buddy... it may be hard in the beginnin, but not impossible... if u make up your mind. Just a matter of time, and u'll be sailing through all of this pretty well... trust me... and don't dig your thots of what, why, if and buts... lead u to too much confusion... give a damn to people who r no more a part of your life... they're out and out forever... what they're doing aorund the globe, should be none of your business... be happy where you are and meet new people... keep moving... good luck.

Jun 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
    I just feel like she's making the mistake of a lifetime. I don't want to be the that got away, but I may have to be.

Jun 13, 2007, 07:06 PM
    u're still thinking about her , what she's gained and what she has not... One thing is certain you have certainly not learnt anything here... not gained an insight into your personal growth and I am sure what we all are saying here means nothing to you and you come across as a weak willed person... if you think you're not, get her out of your system... NOW.

Jun 13, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Believe I am, this is probably the toughest thing I've ever had to go through in my lifetime.
    SameOldSituation Posts: 66, Reputation: 32

Jun 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Righthearted...

Stop listening to country music.

Jun 13, 2007, 07:52 PM
    My Ex introduced me to country music. And I also have concert tickets to a lot of big shows this summer, hopefully I'll have someone to go with me.
    SameOldSituation Posts: 66, Reputation: 32

Jun 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Righthearted
    My Ex introduced me to country music.
    Yeah... like I said. Stop listening to it. For now.

But then come back, cause it's clearly the best.

Jun 14, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Believe I am, this is probably the toughest thing I've ever had to go through in my lifetime.
    If this is the toughest thing you've ever had to go thru' then go and ask people who are dying of hunger all over the world, who have no money to feed their kids, who are dying of cancer and other dreadful diseases... mmm if what u're going through is the toughest... then imagine what they'e going through... think about it... what you're facing is much trivial to lot of problems people are facing in their lives... uh!
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 14, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by diya
    If this is the toughest thing you've ever ...
    Come on, be fair, he said it was "probably the toughest thing I've ever had to go through in my lifetime"

He didn't liken his situation to anyone else's, he didn't compare it to poor or starving people's situations, he's meerly stating how he feels... in pain! I don't think his pain is trivial at all! :confused:

Jun 14, 2007, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by iAMfromHuntersBar
    Come on, be fair, he said it was "probably the toughest thing I've ever had to go through in my lifetime"

He didn't liken his situation to anyone elses, he didn't compare it to poor or starving people's situations, he's meerly stating how he feels ... in pain! I don't think his pain is trivial at all! :confused:
    Hey, what he needs to realize is that there r tougher things in life and he needs to be strong... if he realizes what I've said above, his problem related to the person who cares about him no more would prove trivial... and though all of us go through these situations, we get stuck, rather than realizing there are so many other problems life put forward that we need to be always be confident to facing them with strength and practicality. Once again I reiterate that if he keeps thinking his problem is one of the toughest he will never be able to emerge a stronger person... period.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jun 14, 2007, 06:20 AM
    But you could respond to 99% of the questions on this site with that answer! (Unless the question was 'Help - I can't afford to feed my starving kids')

Surely if Righthearted thinks this is a really tough situation (and I agree with him) AND we help get him through it he'll be stronger person than if we say it's a trivial situation, get over it!
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 14, 2007, 06:28 AM
    I just feel like she's making the mistake of a lifetime. I don't want to be the that got away, but I may have to be.
    First off, there is more than one perfect person for everyone. Out of the millions in the world, you really think there's exactly one who fits her perfectly? Of course not. She'll meet lots of guys in her life who will be just as good for her as you are, if not better.

And the same goes for you. Move on, knowing that you can do better. It will take time, and you won't always meet someone you like as much as you liked her, but I guarantee there are girls within your grasp that you can be with that will appreciate your stability, your devotion, and your personality that you will like just as much as she.

Like I said, she needs to learn on her own that she doesn't know what a good guy is. You can't just tell her she's missing out on something good: she needs to experience pain and failure for herself. Let her f*k around with idiots for a while. Let her get cheated on, dumped and left for other, lesser women. Life needs to bite her in the a$$ before she gets it. It's the only way she'll learn, if she's capable of learning at all. Harsh, but true.

Jun 14, 2007, 06:31 AM
    OK then keep sympathesing with his toughest problem in life and give him a crying shoulder in disguise of saying you're giving him strength... think about it... we need to get him out of it... soon before he posts another depressing suicidal note on this forum...

Jun 14, 2007, 06:44 AM
    Whoa-nothing suicidal here, just looking for some advice and to hear how others cope.

I guess the decent/right thing for her to have at done (if it had been me) would've been to call on Monday the day she received the flowers and said thanks for the flowers but I don't think you should be doing these things for me as I don't deserve them if we're not dating. The simple fact that she hasn't returned my calls since Monday or Tuesday afternoon is really mind-boggling. Thoughts??
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 07:48 AM
    How long were you with her and how long has the break up been?

Jun 14, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Almost 2 years we dated and we broke up almost 2 months ago.

I guess the decent/right thing for her to have at done (if it had been me) would've been to call on Monday the day she received the flowers and said thanks for the flowers but I don't think you should be doing these things for me as I don't deserve them if we're not dating. The simple fact that she hasn't returned my calls since Monday or Tuesday afternoon is really mind-boggling. Thoughts??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants a break/space and doesn't know why. [ 174 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 1.5 yrs. Everything was great for over a yr. its been about 1.5 months now she's hasent been acting herself. We had some fights and stuff, but we never fought before so its only normal. Anyway, 2 weeks ago she came out of now where saying she wants to break up...

Girlfriend Wants Space.. . Help [ 75 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been with each for on an off 2 an half years. We spend a lot of time with each other and share lots of things in common, our relationship bar a few issues was extremely healthy, we both love each other, care for each other, both faithful and have lots of laughs, she's my...

I need help... my girlfriend of a 1 1/2 yr. Says she needs her space [ 9 Answers ]

Well let me start by saying that we have been together now for a year and a half and we both love each other very much. But she went to a concert just a week ago and got drunk and kissed another guy at the bar. And I know for a fact that's all that happened!! But I don't know if she was going to...

Girlfriend wants space [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

Girlfriend wants space [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for almost a year now. I moved out of my apartment to move in with her. She has a special needs child and I have done everything I can to be an excellent parent for him. She has been alone for 7 years now and he has never had a father figure around. But we got...

View more questions Search