Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotsohp66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 07:39 PM
    Help with Artist's signiture 18th 19th century oil painting
    I have some beautiful18th and early 19th century oil on canvas paintings but am struggling with Artists and possible values. The first is signed A. Modigen with 2dots over the O making it difficult to search for information. This painting was my Grandmothers and was in Berlin through WW2. Thanks for any help!
    artlover101 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2014, 02:27 PM
    Good evening. Could you upload a picture of the painting? Thanks
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2014, 06:41 PM
    That is a German name. The 2 dots over the vowel is an umlaut.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help Identify this artist (19th Century?) [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I recently picked up this antique oil painting at an estate sale. It's an oil on wood signed 'Nils Green 1899'. The frame is nice, but it has a sticker on the back with a framer who most likely reframed the painting sometime in the mid 60's-70's? I've searched everywhere and can't find...

I can't read the signiture of the artist on my painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a painting and would like to know who the artist is. I will post a picture of the painting & the signature

I'm looking for artist of my 2 19th Century watercolor paintings of native Americans. [ 2 Answers ]

I bought these at a small auction house in the UK and paid quite a lot for them. The chief is "Hole in the Day" of the Objiwa, (Chipewa). He was quite famous for championing the rights of his people but was eventually assinated in very shady circumstances. He was also a handsome and charming man...

Strange use of ____ in 18th/19th Century literature [ 3 Answers ]

It's nothing important but I thought last night when I read another instance of it "I wonder why they do that?" and as it's pretty hard to know what search term to use... I've noticed before in 18th and 19th Century literature, that there's a strong use of ________ instead of people/place...

Artist on 18th century painting [ 4 Answers ]

10203 10204Any help is appreciated! Thank-you

View more questions Search