Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williamgorman64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2014, 06:00 AM
    Well Water Pressure tank not filling
    My pressure tank is 4yrs old. It had been filling up and shutting off fine until last night. I noticed that the well pump was running but no water was entering (filling) the pressure tank? Water would bypass the tank and feed the pipes in the house with good pressure. What could it be?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2014, 10:14 AM
    Tank bladder could be bad and tank is waterlogged.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2014, 03:21 PM
    If you do not replace the bad air tank you will be replacing the pump within a day or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Header tank filling to overflow through the cold water feed pipe to hot water tank [ 0 Answers ]

My cold water tank is overflowing and after turning the water off the water seems to be coming up through the cold water pipe from the hot water tank, any idea as to what could be causing this to happen?

Water tank not filling up pressure [ 1 Answers ]

The water tank in the loft is not filling up and the hot water is not vcoming out. I have opened the top and looked at the ball cock and pushed it and lifeted and no change. Rang BGAS services and they can not come out till Monday morning

Pressure tank for the well not filling with water but we have water in the house. [ 2 Answers ]

WE have well water in our house. One day there was no water. My husband flipped the breaker and then the water started working again. But we noticed the pressure tank is not filling with water. Someone suggested we change the pressure switch, which we did. Still no water in the tank. Can...

Well water pressure tank not filling completely. [ 2 Answers ]

I had my pump replaced last week and had no problems until Sunday. I have a galvanized pressure tank. The pressure tank does not fill before the pump shuts off, it basically empties and then the pump comes on. I end up with air in the lines.

New pressure tank not filling with water [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new submersible pump and a new 80 gallon pressure tank. Checked the pump out before hooking everything up and seems to be working fine. Hooked up the new pressure tank using the T with the pressure gauge on the left(facing the tank) and a pressure gauge on the right in the 1/4 inch...

View more questions Search