Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harry1403 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2004, 08:38 AM
    Windows Problem
    Hi all,

Im using MSI motherboard K7T Pro and recently I bought ATI Radeon A9550GE 128MB. My motherboard supports only AGP 4X whereas the VGA supports 8X AGP. The problem is when Windows loads the system hangs within 5 minutes. And the light on the monitor turns orange color. Need help, anyone knows what is the problem.

Thanks
    geo_neo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2004, 03:26 PM
    Re: Windows Problem
    Try downloading up to date drivers for the new graphics card and make sure it's seated in the slot OK ;)
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 19, 2004, 07:31 PM
    It is very likely the video card that needs to be reseated. Sometimes you may have to reseat it 4 or 5 times to get video and a green light on the monitor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows 98 please help with big problem [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to go back a few days when my computer was working good, i know you go to start, run, type a word, like Msconfig, and ok... you can choose a day that your computer was working good. Thank you... [email protected] Please e-mail me...

Windows xp explorer problem [ 1 Answers ]

My windows explorer doesn't have the option to "view as webpage' anymore, which means images in my picture folder are not displayed in the thumbnail view. I only get a funny icon and I have to double click to get the picture. I have a windows xp professional which use to have the option 'view as...

Problem with video in windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

I´ve just uninstalled a NVIDIA card and am using an onboard video card. After starting the PC for the first time with the onboard card, it appeard to be working properly, but there were some conflicts in the set up. I decided to deactivate the video card in the System/Device Manager, and restart...

Windows 98 internet problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a computer I am trying to fix running windows 98. The problem is that it keeps poping up a dial up window trying to get me to connect to the internet. The only way to get rid of it is to click cancel as fast as I can about 20-30 times and then it goes away sometimes. I thought it was...

View more questions Search