Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alberta12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2014, 10:11 PM
    Am I a US citizen?
    I'm trying to get my drivers license, but I was told I was not a US citizen. But I serviced in the army for two year from 1963 to 1965, and I also went to school over here and married a US citizen. I need to know what to do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2014, 05:48 AM
    Marrying a US Citizen doesn't make you a citizen, going to school here doesn't make you a citizen either... serving in the Army didn't make you a citizen either, but THAT might have made you eligible (none of its automatic, there would have been some sort of a naturalization process and cerimony).

You should inquire with the INS office about that and find out what can be done.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2014, 07:55 AM
    So.
    1. where were you born ?
    2. what birth certificate do you have.
    3. what is your legal status in US. How did you get there?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I join the army opposed to serving 3 years probation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone out there, I had a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I kind of had a troubled youth, as a juvinile I have 3 felonies. One of them is theft 2nd degree, burglary 2nd degree, and taking a motor vehicle without the owners permission. These felonie occurred when I was 14,and 16...

A Malaysian citizen marrying a US citizen, would like to stay there for a few years. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Malaysian citizen and marrying a guy, a US citizen this December. I would like to go there to stay with him for a few years until he finishes school. What type of visa should I apply?

Parent of us citizen under 21 years old [ 1 Answers ]

We are Egyptian family and my son (one year old) was born last year in Florida, USA and he has American Nationality. I appreciate your reply regarding the ways that I can go through in order to live in America with my family legally. Can I apply now for family Green Card in my case? If...

Can I become a citizen in 3 years? [ 6 Answers ]

I became a resident on may 2007,! When can I apply to become a citizen ? Is it true that I can apply in 3 years?

After 50 years here, are you automatic citizen? [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother has been here since 1956. She never updated her alien card, nor applied for citizenship. In July /07, I completed the application for her to be a citizen, but I have not received a response from Immigration. Is there any way to speed this process. I would like for her to have...

View more questions Search