Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    multilee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2014, 05:05 PM
    Did my dentist perform crown lengthening or just charged me for it?
    I went to the dentist about a month ago and they discovered that I need a root canal. I got it done and a week after I came in for crown fitting. There I was told that I'm going to need a crown lengthening procedure as well. I wasn't told abut that before, but still went for it because they said it's necessary. While dentist was working on my tooth, she only pushed the gum around my tooth a little bit, she didn't make any incisions or put stitches on. She put a temporary crown on and told me to come back in 2 weeks for the permanent one. Did she really do the CL procedure? I had no pain what so ever after my visit. It doesn't hurt when I brush my teeth, I don't feel any different. What should I do if I was charged but it wasn't done? How can I prove it?

Thanks.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2014, 05:11 PM
    THey started it... it won't be done until they bond the permanent one. Or do you mean the root canal?
    multilee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2014, 10:32 AM
    That's the thing - when I called next day to verify that the procedure was done, I was told that yes, it was already performed. That's what confused me, because I read the description of Crown Lengthening online and it wasn't even close to what the did to me. All they did was pushed the gum around my tooth down, no cuts or stitches, no "surgery". And it was performed by the regular dentist and her assistant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown lengthening, build-up, and temporary crown on the same day ? [ 0 Answers ]

My tooth nr. 28 had a root canal treatment 1 week ago by an endodontist. Yesterday, my general dentist performed a crown lengthening and placed the build-up and temporary crown on it. All in one session. In 2 weeks, he wants to place the permanent crown on it. Has this been done correctly ? There...

I got a root canal and needed crown lengthening but got billed for a crown? [ 10 Answers ]

I went to a new dentist for a horrible tooth ache. They took a full set of X-rays which is fine but I just needed them to look at the one tooth ASAP. I was told I needed a root canal, crown lengthening, and porcelien crown. I could not afford everything at once so I did the root canal the next day...

Crown lengthening [ 3 Answers ]

I was told be a periodontist that I needed crown lengthening to save my molar. This is a $1400 procedure. Has anyone ever had this done? Also do you still need to get a root canal once the crown lengthening is performed or do you just go back for the crown? Because $1400 is a lot of money...

Crown lengthening [ 3 Answers ]

My son had an exam and x-rays. I was told he would need a root canal and then a crown on the same 1st molar. Root canal was done, and there was no mention of the condition of the tooth. 2 days later my son went in for the 1st visit for the crown - the impression, cutting down of tooth, etc. ...

Crown Lengthening 2 [ 4 Answers ]

I recently went to a periodontist for a consultation for crown lengthening, and was told that aside from cutting gum away, he will have to take some bone as well. What is the recovery prognosis for something like this? Is there a chance that I will have chronic pain / sensitivity on the 2 teeth...

View more questions Search