Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Housefixer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 05:28 PM
    Concrete foundation house leaking water into house
    We used to live in a house that was on a concrete foundation. Before we moved out it came a huge rain and there was about 2 inches of water in one part of the wall and lowered down to the carpet level across the room. My step-dad said it was the foundation. And I wanted to know what that may have possible been. Or what else could it be? There also want very good drainage around the house when it rained. Please help. Open to any suggestions!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2014, 06:40 PM
    Poor drainage outside the foundation would do it every time, water exerts impressive pressure. It will find its way through any gap or porous surface in its way... and concrete is somewhat porous.

It apparently has insufficient waterproofing as well as improper drainage for the given soil conditions.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2014, 01:20 PM
    As smoothy suggested or it could be simply clogged, too small, or misdirected downspouts.
    Do you have a sump pump? Are there stains to suggest it has happened before?
    Was it clear water and not a possibility of sewer backup?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The foundation blocks around my house do not have concrete between them is this OK? [ 3 Answers ]

The foundation is cement blocks and I have recently noticed that there is no cement between them. Should there be?

Pour concrete adjacent to house, how high should new concrete be to house foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I will be pouring concrete for a patio, concrete will be next to house foundation, the house has a metal around the outside wall, what measurement should I have new concrete not to obstruct the function of the metal piece in the outside wall?

How to fix a foundation in a house that the concrete floor appears to be sinking [ 2 Answers ]

The house is about ten years old there is visible signs that the concrete floor is sinking as the ceramic tiles are cracking in some areas

Snow on house -water is leaking through ceiling in covered patio, but not in house? [ 2 Answers ]

Water dripping through roof of covered patio in several places-lots of snow on roof- not leaking into house just patio.

Broken water main close to house foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I just waisted 30 min on my last message that did not take so here a short version. After repair of my main water main ( gray quest coupling cracked between the blue pipe from street and the metal fitting going to 1 of 2?? Valves. The house was built in dallas Texas in 1986, the valves had...

View more questions Search