Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redhalls Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 12:57 AM
    Keyboard and mouse not working after PC wakeup!
    Hi,

Almost always each time I wake up PC both keyboard and mouse don't work, screen is also black it's like PC has froze! What could be the problem?

Thanks,
    Karl
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 17, 2014, 04:47 AM
    Reboot will fix the issue.
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Jun 17, 2014, 06:07 AM
    You might want to try a different setting for PC wake-up in the bios. There are several to choose from depending on your motherboard usually preceded by an S (S1 S3 S5 etc.). You can search the differences between them, I do not have them memorized, they should also be listed in the motherboard or OEM PC manual.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2014, 11:30 AM
    Below is a list of some example BIOS Settings I've run across and their suggested values for wake from sleep. They are generally under "Advanced" or "Power Management"

USB Selective Suspend (Disable)

Allow Keyboard to Wake Computer (Enable)

Allow Mouse to Wake Computer (Enable)

USB Always On (Enable)

You may also have to adjust the power settings within Windows. Instructions found here.

Jun 20, 2014, 01:11 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for answers, if I put it to sleep and wake it instantly it's OK, but if it sleeps for say 8 hours or more it won't wake. I'll try the bios settings.

Jun 30, 2014, 02:09 AM
    Used Empower to do a full system restore to factory settings, first one in 8 years and it seems to have fixed the problem!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I match ohms & amp; watts with a bass amp head and amp; speakers? [ 0 Answers ]

I need to shop for new speaker(s) to use with an amp head that I have and want to know what to look for in specs of watts and ohms so that I don't blow up or fry anything. My head's specs say "120 VAC, 60 Hz, 600 Watts" and under the Biamp (Low/A, High/B) Speaker Output jacks it says "4 Ohm Min....

Wireless keyboard stopped working, mouse still works... [ 9 Answers ]

Installed new wireless keyboard, Logitec (one of the lower cost ones). Worked fine for a while, then recently, all typing using the letter/number section of the board stopped working. But the special keys on the outer edge, that open word documents etc. still work, and the mouse works fine. Any...

Can a 150 amp meter panal handel a 100 amp, 40 amp, 30 amp and 30 amp brakers. [ 2 Answers ]

My meter panal is a 150amp panal. I have a 60 amp sub panal coming off it a 30amp to my stove a 30 to dryer and a 40 to the a/c. i want to upgrade the 60 amp sub panal to a 100 amp panal. Will the 150 amp meter panal handel it or do i need to have a 200 amp meter panal installed

Alarm @ Startup + Keyboard & Mouse Failure [ 3 Answers ]

Here's the dealio - system is a Dell desktop running windows xp. I was attempting to connect to the internet with a wireless connection when the mouse stopped working... followed by the keyboard. I found out that the mouse was unplugged and plugged it back in, but neither will work. I have tried...

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse Pack [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse pack and it just does not seem to work. It operates perfectly in Microsoft word or open office or indeed anything except games. While playing Battlefield 2 or GTA:San Andreas it will seem to drop it's signal. While running the character will all of...

View more questions Search